Taylor Swift Apologizes for Canceling More Concerts to Recover From Bronchitis
Taylor Swift was left heartbroken when the doctors advised her not to come back to the stage this week for she needs more time to recuperate from her illness. Already canceling her Louisville concert over the weekend, she has now been forced to scrap more shows which were supposed to take place in Charlotte and Atlanta.
"It breaks my heart to miss out on this weekend's shows with my friends in Charlotte and Atlanta," she said. "I would never cancel if I thought I was physically able to perform these shows. I am so sorry to the fans, but I look forward to seeing you when we come back through your towns, which we will do."
Giving update on her condition, her camp issued a statement, "She has bronchitis and although she is getting better, she has been advised by her doctor that she is not well enough to perform this week. Her concert dates in Charlotte and Atlanta have been rescheduled and she plans to resume the Speak Now tour in Montreal."
The Charlotte concert was supposed to be held at Time Warner Cable Arena on July 8, but has been rescheduled for November 16. The Atlanta gig was supposed to take place at Phillips Arena for two nights in a row; July 9 and 10, but has now been moved back to October 1 and 2.
Meanwhile, the first postponed concert which was originally set on July 2 at Louisville's KFC Yum! Center has got a makeup date on October 11. "Louisville, I so sorry to have to postpone this show to Oct 11," Swift tweeted to her followers back then. "This is my first time having to do this. I'm so, so sorry."
More Taylor Swift News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences