Natalie Portman Names Son After First Letter in Hebrew Alphabet
Ever since she gave birth to a baby boy three weeks ago, Natalie Portman has kept quiet about her firstborn. The "Black Swan" star has yet to release any picture of the newborn or officially announce his name, but recent reports claimed that she and fiance Benjamin Millepied have picked Aleph for the name of their first child.
A source confirmed the baby's name, which is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet, to PEOPLE. It is also the number one in the Hebrew language, and has alternate spelling of "Alef". The name, which also represents the "oneness of God" and the element of air, was first reported during a broadcast of the Israeli television show "Good Evening with Guy Pines", according to the Israel Hayom newsletter.
Natalie and Benjamin met on the set of "Black Swan", and reportedly began dating in early 2010. The Oscar-winning actress, who was born in Jerusalem and has dual American-Israeli citizenship, announced her pregnancy in late December 2010 at the same time she made public her engagement to the choreographer. The couple welcomed their bundle of joy in June this year.
More Natalie Portman News
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash