Report: Johnny Depp Close to Sign Up for Fifth 'Pirates'
Perhaps knowing that this franchise could get him further, Johnny Depp reportedly has signed up to star as Captain Jack Sparrow once again in the fifth movie. Words, according to The Wrap, are the Oscar-nominated actor is "close to signing a deal" for the movie which would be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer once again.
Screenwriter Terry Rossio has turned in a script for the fifth installment even before "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opened in theaters. "As long as the audience embraces this one, we'll certainly try to make another one. It's really up to Johnny," Bruckheimer said, adding "He loves the character."
Depp discreetly said that he needed a break from the Captain role so that he has time to play other characters. The actor asked Disney to slow down the pace and give a space in between the fourth and fifth.
Speaking of the script itself, Bruckheimer said that the fifth film would be a stand-alone. "The audience told us what they loved about it is that it was fresh, it was new, it was a whole new story. So that will carry over into the next one, too, to give it something fresh and different," he dished out.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win