Report: Johnny Depp Close to Sign Up for Fifth 'Pirates'
Perhaps knowing that this franchise could get him further, Johnny Depp reportedly has signed up to star as Captain Jack Sparrow once again in the fifth movie. Words, according to The Wrap, are the Oscar-nominated actor is "close to signing a deal" for the movie which would be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer once again.
Screenwriter Terry Rossio has turned in a script for the fifth installment even before "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opened in theaters. "As long as the audience embraces this one, we'll certainly try to make another one. It's really up to Johnny," Bruckheimer said, adding "He loves the character."
Depp discreetly said that he needed a break from the Captain role so that he has time to play other characters. The actor asked Disney to slow down the pace and give a space in between the fourth and fifth.
Speaking of the script itself, Bruckheimer said that the fifth film would be a stand-alone. "The audience told us what they loved about it is that it was fresh, it was new, it was a whole new story. So that will carry over into the next one, too, to give it something fresh and different," he dished out.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences