Report: Johnny Depp Close to Sign Up for Fifth 'Pirates'
Perhaps knowing that this franchise could get him further, Johnny Depp reportedly has signed up to star as Captain Jack Sparrow once again in the fifth movie. Words, according to The Wrap, are the Oscar-nominated actor is "close to signing a deal" for the movie which would be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer once again.
Screenwriter Terry Rossio has turned in a script for the fifth installment even before "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opened in theaters. "As long as the audience embraces this one, we'll certainly try to make another one. It's really up to Johnny," Bruckheimer said, adding "He loves the character."
Depp discreetly said that he needed a break from the Captain role so that he has time to play other characters. The actor asked Disney to slow down the pace and give a space in between the fourth and fifth.
Speaking of the script itself, Bruckheimer said that the fifth film would be a stand-alone. "The audience told us what they loved about it is that it was fresh, it was new, it was a whole new story. So that will carry over into the next one, too, to give it something fresh and different," he dished out.
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2