Rick Springfield Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Rick Springfield has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from his May arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence. On Tuesday, July 5, attorney for the "Jessie's Girl" singer entered the innocent plea on his behalf.
A spokeswoman for the L.A. County district attorney's office told the Los Angeles Times that Rick was not present for the hearing. If convicted, the 61-year-old rocker faces a maximum of 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine. He is due back in court on August 15.
Rick Springfield was arrested at around 8 P.M. on May 1 after being pulled over by sheriff's deputies near Pacific Coast Highway. "He made a maneuver away from the light and it prompted them to stop and pull him over," Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, explained. He registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyzer.
Later report alleged that Rick threatened to kill the deputy officer who stopped him. It was said that when an officer ordered for his 1963 Corvette Stingray to be towed away, he yelled, "If you tow my car I will f**king kill you and your family." His arrest report, however, merely described him as "belligerent".
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support