Rick Springfield Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Rick Springfield has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from his May arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence. On Tuesday, July 5, attorney for the "Jessie's Girl" singer entered the innocent plea on his behalf.
A spokeswoman for the L.A. County district attorney's office told the Los Angeles Times that Rick was not present for the hearing. If convicted, the 61-year-old rocker faces a maximum of 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine. He is due back in court on August 15.
Rick Springfield was arrested at around 8 P.M. on May 1 after being pulled over by sheriff's deputies near Pacific Coast Highway. "He made a maneuver away from the light and it prompted them to stop and pull him over," Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, explained. He registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyzer.
Later report alleged that Rick threatened to kill the deputy officer who stopped him. It was said that when an officer ordered for his 1963 Corvette Stingray to be towed away, he yelled, "If you tow my car I will f**king kill you and your family." His arrest report, however, merely described him as "belligerent".
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction