Rick Springfield Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Rick Springfield has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from his May arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence. On Tuesday, July 5, attorney for the "Jessie's Girl" singer entered the innocent plea on his behalf.
A spokeswoman for the L.A. County district attorney's office told the Los Angeles Times that Rick was not present for the hearing. If convicted, the 61-year-old rocker faces a maximum of 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine. He is due back in court on August 15.
Rick Springfield was arrested at around 8 P.M. on May 1 after being pulled over by sheriff's deputies near Pacific Coast Highway. "He made a maneuver away from the light and it prompted them to stop and pull him over," Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, explained. He registered a 0.10% blood alcohol level on a breathalyzer.
Later report alleged that Rick threatened to kill the deputy officer who stopped him. It was said that when an officer ordered for his 1963 Corvette Stingray to be towed away, he yelled, "If you tow my car I will f**king kill you and your family." His arrest report, however, merely described him as "belligerent".
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest