Report: Jason Statham Will Replace Shia LaBeouf in 'Transformers 4'
After the successful debut of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", there are various speculations mentioning that there will be a fourth "Transformers" film. In relation to this, a Hollywood insider said the production team is currently looking for a new leading actor and Jason Statham is rumored as the possible replacement to Shia LaBeouf.
The boyfriend of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, who replaced Megan Fox as the leading lady in the third installment, is believed to have the capability to bring different image for the upcoming autobot-war film. "It's clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking 'Transformers' in a new, darker direction," so the insider said to Showbiz Spy. "Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie."
The rumor saying that Jason might star in the possible new sequel of "Transformers" emerged after Shia and director Michael Bay hinted their retirement from the franchise. "If they're going to do it again, they have to attempt it with somebody else," Shia said on the NYC premiere of "Dark of the Moon". "We took it to the limit. We tried as hard as we could. I don't think we can turn in a movie that's better than this, really."
However, some critics believe that looking for Shia and Michael's replacement won't be easy for such huge franchise. "Unfortunately, making a deal for a property this big won't be easy," Boxoffice.com editor Phil Contrino said. "I'm sure a bunch of directors and stars will be kicked around publicly before new hires are made."
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video