Mariah Carey Could Be Full-Time Mentor on 'X Factor (US)'
The judge line-up of "The X Factor (US)" has been filled, but Mariah Carey is still circling the show. Words of the street are the 41-year-old mother of two might join Simon Cowell's new singing competition to mentor the contestants throughout the season.
"Mariah and Simon are great friends, and now [that] she has had her babies, it's very possible that she will be involved [in] some way in the later stages of the show," an insider says. "She has always said she wanted to work with the show, so it's something they will certainly be discussing ideas for soon."
Simon himself has constantly shown his desire to have the "One Sweet Day" hitmaker on the reality show. "I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows. I met her recently and she was on great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with," the music mogul said, before adding "She'll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits."
Joining Simon Cowell on the judge panel of the U.S. version of "The X Factor" are Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger. The former The Pussycat Dolls frontwoman was tapped to replace Cheryl Cole who was kicked out of the gig last month.
The show will premiere September 21 on FOX. A preview is expected to be released on Tuesday, July 12.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie