Mariah Carey Could Be Full-Time Mentor on 'X Factor (US)'
The judge line-up of "The X Factor (US)" has been filled, but Mariah Carey is still circling the show. Words of the street are the 41-year-old mother of two might join Simon Cowell's new singing competition to mentor the contestants throughout the season.
"Mariah and Simon are great friends, and now [that] she has had her babies, it's very possible that she will be involved [in] some way in the later stages of the show," an insider says. "She has always said she wanted to work with the show, so it's something they will certainly be discussing ideas for soon."
Simon himself has constantly shown his desire to have the "One Sweet Day" hitmaker on the reality show. "I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows. I met her recently and she was on great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with," the music mogul said, before adding "She'll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits."
Joining Simon Cowell on the judge panel of the U.S. version of "The X Factor" are Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger. The former The Pussycat Dolls frontwoman was tapped to replace Cheryl Cole who was kicked out of the gig last month.
The show will premiere September 21 on FOX. A preview is expected to be released on Tuesday, July 12.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!