Mariah Carey Could Be Full-Time Mentor on 'X Factor (US)'
The judge line-up of "The X Factor (US)" has been filled, but Mariah Carey is still circling the show. Words of the street are the 41-year-old mother of two might join Simon Cowell's new singing competition to mentor the contestants throughout the season.
"Mariah and Simon are great friends, and now [that] she has had her babies, it's very possible that she will be involved [in] some way in the later stages of the show," an insider says. "She has always said she wanted to work with the show, so it's something they will certainly be discussing ideas for soon."
Simon himself has constantly shown his desire to have the "One Sweet Day" hitmaker on the reality show. "I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows. I met her recently and she was on great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with," the music mogul said, before adding "She'll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits."
Joining Simon Cowell on the judge panel of the U.S. version of "The X Factor" are Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger. The former The Pussycat Dolls frontwoman was tapped to replace Cheryl Cole who was kicked out of the gig last month.
The show will premiere September 21 on FOX. A preview is expected to be released on Tuesday, July 12.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3