Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott Got Engaged Over Fourth of July Weekend
Another Lady Antebellum member will be off the single market for good. Lead singer Hillary Scott has gotten engaged to her drummer boyfriend, Chris Tyrell, at a family getaway in East Tennessee over the Fourth of July weekend.
To PEOPLE, the newly-engaged couple shared that Chris proposed to Hillary while the sun was setting over a lake. Speaking of the proposal, Hillary recalled, "Chris proposed exactly the way I've always dreamed. Our families were close by, but it was just us out on a beautiful deck overlooking a lake in East Tennessee."
Dishing further on the special moment, the band mate of Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood spilled, "We had just been on a hike and - in our workout clothes - he hit the knee!" She ended her statement as saying, "We feel so blessed by God that He sent us each other, and we are looking so forward to forever together!"
Hillary and Chris met in 2010 when they served as opening acts on Tim McGraw's Southern Voice Tour. The couple have yet to set a date for their wedding. Hillary will be the second Lady A member to tie the knot after founding member Charles wed Nashville-based publicist Cassie McConnell in 2009.
Hillary and Chris' romance has inspired Lady A's latest song, "Just A Kiss". To Billboard, Hillary explained, "There is so much excitement at the beginning of a new relationship ... This song is about one of those times when your brain kicks in and tells your heart, 'Good things are worth waiting for.' "
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy