Promo of Discovery's 'Shark Week' Feat. Lady GaGa's 'Teeth'
The Discovery Channel has come up with the first promo of its 24th annual Shark Week. As previously reported, this year's host is Chief Shark Office Andy Samberg. He appears in the end of the clip which is aptly set to the music of Lady GaGa's "Teeth".
The Shark Week begins July 31 and the video which was released on Tuesday, July 5 kicks off the on-air promos from Samberg. In order to further promote the program, Discovery also ran a contest from June 13 to July 1 to find 30-second video commercials from fans. Sixteen videos will compete against each other on Shark Week's website and the top two ads will run on the cable channel during Shark Week.
In addition, Discovery has partnered with GetGlue for a sticker campaign that began also Tuesday. And since Shark Week is a common trending topic on Twitter, there's a trivia contest on the microblogging site. Furthermore, Shark Week Live app for the iPhone and iPad that will aggregate all the social media conversation on Twitter and Facebook around Shark Week is available, including extra content like behind-the-scenes photos.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'