Promo of Discovery's 'Shark Week' Feat. Lady GaGa's 'Teeth'
The Discovery Channel has come up with the first promo of its 24th annual Shark Week. As previously reported, this year's host is Chief Shark Office Andy Samberg. He appears in the end of the clip which is aptly set to the music of Lady GaGa's "Teeth".
The Shark Week begins July 31 and the video which was released on Tuesday, July 5 kicks off the on-air promos from Samberg. In order to further promote the program, Discovery also ran a contest from June 13 to July 1 to find 30-second video commercials from fans. Sixteen videos will compete against each other on Shark Week's website and the top two ads will run on the cable channel during Shark Week.
In addition, Discovery has partnered with GetGlue for a sticker campaign that began also Tuesday. And since Shark Week is a common trending topic on Twitter, there's a trivia contest on the microblogging site. Furthermore, Shark Week Live app for the iPhone and iPad that will aggregate all the social media conversation on Twitter and Facebook around Shark Week is available, including extra content like behind-the-scenes photos.
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List