Promo of Discovery's 'Shark Week' Feat. Lady GaGa's 'Teeth'
The Discovery Channel has come up with the first promo of its 24th annual Shark Week. As previously reported, this year's host is Chief Shark Office Andy Samberg. He appears in the end of the clip which is aptly set to the music of Lady GaGa's "Teeth".
The Shark Week begins July 31 and the video which was released on Tuesday, July 5 kicks off the on-air promos from Samberg. In order to further promote the program, Discovery also ran a contest from June 13 to July 1 to find 30-second video commercials from fans. Sixteen videos will compete against each other on Shark Week's website and the top two ads will run on the cable channel during Shark Week.
In addition, Discovery has partnered with GetGlue for a sticker campaign that began also Tuesday. And since Shark Week is a common trending topic on Twitter, there's a trivia contest on the microblogging site. Furthermore, Shark Week Live app for the iPhone and iPad that will aggregate all the social media conversation on Twitter and Facebook around Shark Week is available, including extra content like behind-the-scenes photos.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?