Justin Bieber's Magazine Cover Sells Low Again
The sale number of Vanity Fair's February issue could be the sign that Justin Bieber's power is not strong in printed media. Women's Wear Daily reported that the magazine's cover featuring the teen heartthrob covered in lipstick kisses was the worst selling issue in 12 years in addition to being one of the three worst sellers for the magazine since Graydon Carter took position as editor in chief in 1992.
The issue only sold 246,000 copies, according to Audit Bureau of Circulation's Rapid Report, although the number is not yet audited and could change slightly. Nevertheless, with the number, Bieber's cover joins Harrison Ford's July 1993 issue which sold 243,000 copies. Will Smith holds the lowest-ever selling cover with 202,701 copies in July 1999.
"Who knew 12-year-olds didn't buy magazines?" said a Vanity Fair spokeswoman. Apparently a decrease in sale with Bieber on the cover doesn't only happen to Vanity Fair. In October 2010, Teen Vogue sold 121,054 copies which is 12 percent less than the magazine's average that year. Also, People put the singer on its April 2010 cover and it was down 25 percent from their 2010 annual sales.
More Justin Bieber News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby