Justin Bieber's Magazine Cover Sells Low Again
The sale number of Vanity Fair's February issue could be the sign that Justin Bieber's power is not strong in printed media. Women's Wear Daily reported that the magazine's cover featuring the teen heartthrob covered in lipstick kisses was the worst selling issue in 12 years in addition to being one of the three worst sellers for the magazine since Graydon Carter took position as editor in chief in 1992.
The issue only sold 246,000 copies, according to Audit Bureau of Circulation's Rapid Report, although the number is not yet audited and could change slightly. Nevertheless, with the number, Bieber's cover joins Harrison Ford's July 1993 issue which sold 243,000 copies. Will Smith holds the lowest-ever selling cover with 202,701 copies in July 1999.
"Who knew 12-year-olds didn't buy magazines?" said a Vanity Fair spokeswoman. Apparently a decrease in sale with Bieber on the cover doesn't only happen to Vanity Fair. In October 2010, Teen Vogue sold 121,054 copies which is 12 percent less than the magazine's average that year. Also, People put the singer on its April 2010 cover and it was down 25 percent from their 2010 annual sales.
More Justin Bieber News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart