Justin Bieber's Magazine Cover Sells Low Again
The sale number of Vanity Fair's February issue could be the sign that Justin Bieber's power is not strong in printed media. Women's Wear Daily reported that the magazine's cover featuring the teen heartthrob covered in lipstick kisses was the worst selling issue in 12 years in addition to being one of the three worst sellers for the magazine since Graydon Carter took position as editor in chief in 1992.
The issue only sold 246,000 copies, according to Audit Bureau of Circulation's Rapid Report, although the number is not yet audited and could change slightly. Nevertheless, with the number, Bieber's cover joins Harrison Ford's July 1993 issue which sold 243,000 copies. Will Smith holds the lowest-ever selling cover with 202,701 copies in July 1999.
"Who knew 12-year-olds didn't buy magazines?" said a Vanity Fair spokeswoman. Apparently a decrease in sale with Bieber on the cover doesn't only happen to Vanity Fair. In October 2010, Teen Vogue sold 121,054 copies which is 12 percent less than the magazine's average that year. Also, People put the singer on its April 2010 cover and it was down 25 percent from their 2010 annual sales.
More Justin Bieber News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake