Videos: Jordin Sparks and Matthew Morrison Perform at 'A Capitol Fourth'
Beside "Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular" which featured Beyonce Knowles and Brad Paisley, there was also another concert held to celebrate the Independence Day of the United States. Taking place at the west lawn of the U.S. Capitol, the gig saw performances by Jordin Sparks.
Introduced by host Jimmy Smits, the 2007 winner of "American Idol" opened the concert with a stunning rendition of "Star-Spangled Banner". The 21-year-old singer, wearing a little black dress, performed the National Anthem with the music provided by the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of pops conductor Jack Everly.
Later in the evening, Jordin returned to the stage at the PBS' special concert dubbed "A Capitol Fourth" to perform "Beauty and the Beast". While she's performing the theme song of the Disney classic animated movie, "Dancing with the Stars" pros Mark Ballas and Chelsie Hightower were doing the rumba.
The other musical guest that night was Matthew Morrison. The "Glee" star opened his set with "Still Got Tonight" before proceeding to duet with Kelli O'Hara in "Tonight". Josh Groban and Little Richard were also among those catering the Americans to mark the nation's 235th birthday.
Jordin Sparks singing "Star-Spangled Banner":
Jordin Sparks singing "Beauty and the Beast":
Matthew Morrison singing "Still Got Tonight" and "Tonight":
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert