Videos: Jordin Sparks and Matthew Morrison Perform at 'A Capitol Fourth'
Beside "Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular" which featured Beyonce Knowles and Brad Paisley, there was also another concert held to celebrate the Independence Day of the United States. Taking place at the west lawn of the U.S. Capitol, the gig saw performances by Jordin Sparks.
Introduced by host Jimmy Smits, the 2007 winner of "American Idol" opened the concert with a stunning rendition of "Star-Spangled Banner". The 21-year-old singer, wearing a little black dress, performed the National Anthem with the music provided by the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of pops conductor Jack Everly.
Later in the evening, Jordin returned to the stage at the PBS' special concert dubbed "A Capitol Fourth" to perform "Beauty and the Beast". While she's performing the theme song of the Disney classic animated movie, "Dancing with the Stars" pros Mark Ballas and Chelsie Hightower were doing the rumba.
The other musical guest that night was Matthew Morrison. The "Glee" star opened his set with "Still Got Tonight" before proceeding to duet with Kelli O'Hara in "Tonight". Josh Groban and Little Richard were also among those catering the Americans to mark the nation's 235th birthday.
Jordin Sparks singing "Star-Spangled Banner":
Jordin Sparks singing "Beauty and the Beast":
Matthew Morrison singing "Still Got Tonight" and "Tonight":
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!