Chelsea Handler's New Sitcom Dumps Three Cast Members
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is cutting almost half of its ensemble, TVLine reports. Among them are Natalie Morales, Angel Laketa Moore and Jo Koy who actually were cast for quite prominent characters.
"White Collar" alum Morales was set to play Chelsea's best friend, while former "ER" star Moore and "Chelsea Lately" panelist Koy were supposed to play Chelsea's bar coworkers. A spokesperson for the show confirmed that the threesome will not be moving forward with the series for creative reasons and their characters are currently being reconceived.
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is based on Chelsea Handler's best-selling comic memoir of the same title. Laura Prepon is still set to play the title character. The semi-autobiographical sitcom is slated to premiere on NBC at midseason.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri