Chelsea Handler's New Sitcom Dumps Three Cast Members
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is cutting almost half of its ensemble, TVLine reports. Among them are Natalie Morales, Angel Laketa Moore and Jo Koy who actually were cast for quite prominent characters.
"White Collar" alum Morales was set to play Chelsea's best friend, while former "ER" star Moore and "Chelsea Lately" panelist Koy were supposed to play Chelsea's bar coworkers. A spokesperson for the show confirmed that the threesome will not be moving forward with the series for creative reasons and their characters are currently being reconceived.
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is based on Chelsea Handler's best-selling comic memoir of the same title. Laura Prepon is still set to play the title character. The semi-autobiographical sitcom is slated to premiere on NBC at midseason.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs