Chelsea Handler's New Sitcom Dumps Three Cast Members
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is cutting almost half of its ensemble, TVLine reports. Among them are Natalie Morales, Angel Laketa Moore and Jo Koy who actually were cast for quite prominent characters.
"White Collar" alum Morales was set to play Chelsea's best friend, while former "ER" star Moore and "Chelsea Lately" panelist Koy were supposed to play Chelsea's bar coworkers. A spokesperson for the show confirmed that the threesome will not be moving forward with the series for creative reasons and their characters are currently being reconceived.
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is based on Chelsea Handler's best-selling comic memoir of the same title. Laura Prepon is still set to play the title character. The semi-autobiographical sitcom is slated to premiere on NBC at midseason.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says