Chelsea Handler's New Sitcom Dumps Three Cast Members
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is cutting almost half of its ensemble, TVLine reports. Among them are Natalie Morales, Angel Laketa Moore and Jo Koy who actually were cast for quite prominent characters.
"White Collar" alum Morales was set to play Chelsea's best friend, while former "ER" star Moore and "Chelsea Lately" panelist Koy were supposed to play Chelsea's bar coworkers. A spokesperson for the show confirmed that the threesome will not be moving forward with the series for creative reasons and their characters are currently being reconceived.
"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is based on Chelsea Handler's best-selling comic memoir of the same title. Laura Prepon is still set to play the title character. The semi-autobiographical sitcom is slated to premiere on NBC at midseason.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'