Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver Expected to Split Properties in Half
As previously reported Maria Shriver is filing a divorce from her estranged husband Arnold Schwarzenegger who skipped a pre-nup when they got married twenty five years ago. New reports emerge that the former couple would split around $400 million equally in half.
Under California law, all earnings and other property owned during the marriage is considered joint possession. Based on TMZ's report, Arnold is worth around $300 million while Maria is around $100 million. Due to the length of their marriage, it would be difficult to determine each of their property before the marriage. Therefore, the current assets are treated as community property.
Of course, this is a theoretical procedure. Public will never know the terms of the final property settlement because not only it's going to be confidential but also not going on trial. Maria and Arnold's respective lawyers would be hashing out the agreement in roughly months.
Property aside, Arnold will have to pay Maria a spousal support and her attorney fees if her petition for dissolution of marriage is approved by the judge. She is also asking the judge not to grant the "Terminator" actor a spousal support.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance