Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver Expected to Split Properties in Half
As previously reported Maria Shriver is filing a divorce from her estranged husband Arnold Schwarzenegger who skipped a pre-nup when they got married twenty five years ago. New reports emerge that the former couple would split around $400 million equally in half.
Under California law, all earnings and other property owned during the marriage is considered joint possession. Based on TMZ's report, Arnold is worth around $300 million while Maria is around $100 million. Due to the length of their marriage, it would be difficult to determine each of their property before the marriage. Therefore, the current assets are treated as community property.
Of course, this is a theoretical procedure. Public will never know the terms of the final property settlement because not only it's going to be confidential but also not going on trial. Maria and Arnold's respective lawyers would be hashing out the agreement in roughly months.
Property aside, Arnold will have to pay Maria a spousal support and her attorney fees if her petition for dissolution of marriage is approved by the judge. She is also asking the judge not to grant the "Terminator" actor a spousal support.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy