Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Have Their Divorce Finalized
The two-year marriage of Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson have officially dissolved. The couple's divorce was finalized six months after the "Green Lantern" actor and his "Iron Man 2" actress wife filed for divorce. His attorney, Laura Wasser, filed the papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 1.
TMZ reported that neither Ryan nor Scarlett requested spousal support. It was also noted that the former couple split the property and earnings accumulated during the marriage 50/50 since they did not have a prenuptial agreement in place.
Ryan and Scarlett tied the knot in his native Canada in 2008. The twosome announced their separation in December 2010 in a joint statement that read, "After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage. We entered our relationship with love, and it's with love and kindness we leave it." They filed for divorce around a week later.
Back in May this year, Ryan revealed he has not a hundred percent recovered from their divorce. To Details magazine, the Hollywood hunk said, "I'm not out of it yet. At all." He added, "Anyone who gets divorced goes through a lot of pain, but you come out of it. Any kind of crisis can be good. It wakes you up. I gotta say, I'm a different person than I was six months ago."
More Ryan Reynolds News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris