Chord Overstreet Out of 'Glee', Darren Criss and Harry Shum Jr. Promoted
Chord Overstreet will not be returning to "Glee" in season 3. TVLine reports that the 22-year-old actor's series regular option has not been picked up, but that does not mean he will never be seen on the FOX hit musical show again.
According to a source, Chord who first appeared as transfer student Sam Evans in season 2 could return as an occasional guest star. On Friday, July 1, "The Hole" star tweeted what sounds like a goodbye message, "well its been a good yr too bad its over, time for summer and starting fresh."
Along with the bad news comes the good news for gleeks, particularly for those smitten by Darren Criss and Harry Shum Jr. The two actors, who take recurring roles of Blaine Chang Anderson and Mike respectively, have officially been upgraded to full-time series regulars, effective this fall with the start of season 3.
More "Glee" actors will say goodbye to fans since season 3 will see some of the seniors graduating. In anticipation of this, the show will introduce new characters, including the one who is described as "Adele meets Susan Boyle".
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna