Chord Overstreet Out of 'Glee', Darren Criss and Harry Shum Jr. Promoted
Chord Overstreet will not be returning to "Glee" in season 3. TVLine reports that the 22-year-old actor's series regular option has not been picked up, but that does not mean he will never be seen on the FOX hit musical show again.
According to a source, Chord who first appeared as transfer student Sam Evans in season 2 could return as an occasional guest star. On Friday, July 1, "The Hole" star tweeted what sounds like a goodbye message, "well its been a good yr too bad its over, time for summer and starting fresh."
Along with the bad news comes the good news for gleeks, particularly for those smitten by Darren Criss and Harry Shum Jr. The two actors, who take recurring roles of Blaine Chang Anderson and Mike respectively, have officially been upgraded to full-time series regulars, effective this fall with the start of season 3.
More "Glee" actors will say goodbye to fans since season 3 will see some of the seniors graduating. In anticipation of this, the show will introduce new characters, including the one who is described as "Adele meets Susan Boyle".
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'