'G.I. Joe 2': Adrianne Palicki Is Lady Jaye, Bruce Willis May Be Joe Colton
While she won't be playing Wonder Woman anymore, Adrianne Palicki will still be able to kick some ass in "G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes". The Tyra Collette of "Friday Night Lights" has been reported being cast as Lady Jaye, the new female lead in the second installment of the action adventure film franchise.
Jaye, whose real name is Alison R. Hart-Burnett, is Airborne and Ranger qualified, and an expert with the M-16, M-1911A1 auto pistol and reflex crossbow. She is also an accomplished actress and can speak several different languages. Her other talent is impersonation.
In addition to Palicki, Bruce Willis is likely to join the cast ensemble which has already had Channing Tatum, Ray Park and Lee Byung-hun among others. According to Deadline, the John McClane of "Die Hard" film series is "a top choice" to portray Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe, but Paramount also listed other actors as the possible depicters.
The "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" sequel has previously cast Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Roadblock, who is described as a "big guy with a big gun". RZA also lands role in the movie which is set to be directed by Jon M. Chu, and is due August 10, 2012 in the U.S.
Adrianne Palicki's pilot "Wonder Woman" was recently not picked up by NBC, but she still can be seen in upcoming movie "Red Dawn". As for Bruce Willis, he has wrapped production for "Catch .44" and is set to star in such big screen projects as "Looper" and "Moonrise Kingdom".
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'