'G.I. Joe 2': Adrianne Palicki Is Lady Jaye, Bruce Willis May Be Joe Colton
While she won't be playing Wonder Woman anymore, Adrianne Palicki will still be able to kick some ass in "G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes". The Tyra Collette of "Friday Night Lights" has been reported being cast as Lady Jaye, the new female lead in the second installment of the action adventure film franchise.
Jaye, whose real name is Alison R. Hart-Burnett, is Airborne and Ranger qualified, and an expert with the M-16, M-1911A1 auto pistol and reflex crossbow. She is also an accomplished actress and can speak several different languages. Her other talent is impersonation.
In addition to Palicki, Bruce Willis is likely to join the cast ensemble which has already had Channing Tatum, Ray Park and Lee Byung-hun among others. According to Deadline, the John McClane of "Die Hard" film series is "a top choice" to portray Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe, but Paramount also listed other actors as the possible depicters.
The "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" sequel has previously cast Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Roadblock, who is described as a "big guy with a big gun". RZA also lands role in the movie which is set to be directed by Jon M. Chu, and is due August 10, 2012 in the U.S.
Adrianne Palicki's pilot "Wonder Woman" was recently not picked up by NBC, but she still can be seen in upcoming movie "Red Dawn". As for Bruce Willis, he has wrapped production for "Catch .44" and is set to star in such big screen projects as "Looper" and "Moonrise Kingdom".
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular