Being Evacuated From Burning Hotel, will.i.am Keeps Composure
will.i.am found himself in a scary situation on Friday, July 1, but managed to keep his composure. The Black Eyed Peas frontman was among the 1,500 guests and staffers who were escorted out of the Park Lane Hilton in London's Mayfair neighborhood after the 28-floor building caught on fire.
A photo taken during the evacuation process captures the 36-year-old singer making his way out of the burning hotel, looking unscathed and calm. He was, at the time, wearing a black jacket on top of a cyan T-shirt, which he used to cover his mouth and nose from the billowing smoke, and sporting a pair of dark sunglasses.
Seemingly unaffected by the incident, will joined his fellow bandmates later that night as they took the stage at the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park. He excitedly posted several photos from the concert on Twitter. One is a snapshot of himself with Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) and Taboo, while another one sees him "dj'n in the sky hovering over 60thousand people in hyde park".
According to BBC News, fire broke out the five-star Mayfair hotel's kitchen just after 6:40 P.M. local time. It spread to the basement and the second floor of the hotel, where a music awards ceremony attended by Liza Minnelli and Annie Lennox was held earlier in the day. At least 20 firefighters dealt with the fire, and London Ambulance Service confirmed no one had been injured.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child