Maria Shriver Files for Divorce From Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mistress Stays Quiet
Maria Shriver has taken step to make her separation from Arnold Schwarzenegger official. The former first lady of California, through her attorney Laura Wasser, filed the divorce papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 1, around six weeks after her estranged husband admitted publicly that he fathered a love child out of wedlock.
The Kennedy family heir cited irreconcilable differences as reason for ending the 25-year marriage, but did not list the date of her separation from Arnold. In the petition for dissolution of marriage, she is asking for spousal support from the "Terminator" star, and requests him to pay her attorney fees. She also wants the judge to deny him the right to ask for spousal support himself.
55-year-old Maria additionally seeks shared physical and legal custody of their two minor sons, 17-year-old Patrick and 13-year-old Christopher. With Arnold, she also has two daughters, 21-year-old Katherine and 19-year-old Christina. TMZ reported that the former television journalist and her estranged husband did not have prenup.
As news of the divorce filing broke out, Arnold's mistress Mildred Patricia Baena stayed quiet. TMZ reported that according to her lawyer, the former housekeeper, who gave birth to the former California governor's lovechild, has "no comment" regarding the divorce.
Arnold announced his separation from wife of 25 years, Maria, in early May. Days later, he came out with a confession that he has fathered a child with a household staffer who recently retired after 20 years of service. In mid-June, Mildred admitted in the new issue of Hello! magazine that Maria did confront her about her son with Arnold.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'