Maria Shriver Files for Divorce From Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mistress Stays Quiet
Maria Shriver has taken step to make her separation from Arnold Schwarzenegger official. The former first lady of California, through her attorney Laura Wasser, filed the divorce papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 1, around six weeks after her estranged husband admitted publicly that he fathered a love child out of wedlock.
The Kennedy family heir cited irreconcilable differences as reason for ending the 25-year marriage, but did not list the date of her separation from Arnold. In the petition for dissolution of marriage, she is asking for spousal support from the "Terminator" star, and requests him to pay her attorney fees. She also wants the judge to deny him the right to ask for spousal support himself.
55-year-old Maria additionally seeks shared physical and legal custody of their two minor sons, 17-year-old Patrick and 13-year-old Christopher. With Arnold, she also has two daughters, 21-year-old Katherine and 19-year-old Christina. TMZ reported that the former television journalist and her estranged husband did not have prenup.
As news of the divorce filing broke out, Arnold's mistress Mildred Patricia Baena stayed quiet. TMZ reported that according to her lawyer, the former housekeeper, who gave birth to the former California governor's lovechild, has "no comment" regarding the divorce.
Arnold announced his separation from wife of 25 years, Maria, in early May. Days later, he came out with a confession that he has fathered a child with a household staffer who recently retired after 20 years of service. In mid-June, Mildred admitted in the new issue of Hello! magazine that Maria did confront her about her son with Arnold.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7