'Australian Idol' Judge Found Dead in His Apartment
Jay Dee Springbett, a 36-year-old Sony music executive who is also a judge on "Australian Idol", was found dead in his Sydney apartment Thursday, June 30. A number of friends grew concerned when none of them could reach him and immediately alerted emergency services. There, the paramedics found him already on cardiac arrest.
Sony boss Dennis Handlin recalled, "We thought we better let the police know because it's really not like him and you know they went to his residence and found him. It's just so difficult coming to terms with it." Police said that there was nothing suspicious surrounding Springbett's death.
Replacing Kyle Sandilands on the popular contest show, Springbett has guided the careers of artists such as Guy Sebastian, Human Nature and Natalie Bassingthwaighte. "The Australian Idol family is deeply saddened by the passing of Jay Dee. Our thoughts are with his family and all at Sony Music," a spokesperson for Freemantle said in a statement.
Springbett only saw Handlin on Wednesday and was supposed to meet him again on Thursday. Handlin said that Springbett was in his finest form in terms of career. Herald Sun suggested that his split from mother of his daughters, publicist Louisa McCole, is to be blamed.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch