'Australian Idol' Judge Found Dead in His Apartment
Jay Dee Springbett, a 36-year-old Sony music executive who is also a judge on "Australian Idol", was found dead in his Sydney apartment Thursday, June 30. A number of friends grew concerned when none of them could reach him and immediately alerted emergency services. There, the paramedics found him already on cardiac arrest.
Sony boss Dennis Handlin recalled, "We thought we better let the police know because it's really not like him and you know they went to his residence and found him. It's just so difficult coming to terms with it." Police said that there was nothing suspicious surrounding Springbett's death.
Replacing Kyle Sandilands on the popular contest show, Springbett has guided the careers of artists such as Guy Sebastian, Human Nature and Natalie Bassingthwaighte. "The Australian Idol family is deeply saddened by the passing of Jay Dee. Our thoughts are with his family and all at Sony Music," a spokesperson for Freemantle said in a statement.
Springbett only saw Handlin on Wednesday and was supposed to meet him again on Thursday. Handlin said that Springbett was in his finest form in terms of career. Herald Sun suggested that his split from mother of his daughters, publicist Louisa McCole, is to be blamed.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake