'Australian Idol' Judge Found Dead in His Apartment
Jay Dee Springbett, a 36-year-old Sony music executive who is also a judge on "Australian Idol", was found dead in his Sydney apartment Thursday, June 30. A number of friends grew concerned when none of them could reach him and immediately alerted emergency services. There, the paramedics found him already on cardiac arrest.
Sony boss Dennis Handlin recalled, "We thought we better let the police know because it's really not like him and you know they went to his residence and found him. It's just so difficult coming to terms with it." Police said that there was nothing suspicious surrounding Springbett's death.
Replacing Kyle Sandilands on the popular contest show, Springbett has guided the careers of artists such as Guy Sebastian, Human Nature and Natalie Bassingthwaighte. "The Australian Idol family is deeply saddened by the passing of Jay Dee. Our thoughts are with his family and all at Sony Music," a spokesperson for Freemantle said in a statement.
Springbett only saw Handlin on Wednesday and was supposed to meet him again on Thursday. Handlin said that Springbett was in his finest form in terms of career. Herald Sun suggested that his split from mother of his daughters, publicist Louisa McCole, is to be blamed.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris