Promo Video: 'The Lying Game' Has 'Ringer' Premise
ABC Family is bringing another book by "Pretty Little Liars" author Sara Shepard to small screen. The network will debut "The Lying Game" on August 15 and has released a trailer for it. Judging from what is seen in the preview, it looks like the new show has a similar premise to another upcoming show "Ringer".
"Lying Game" has Alexandra Chando taking two roles; twin sisters named Emma and Sutton. Being separated since they were kids, the two girls finally reunite as teens. Sutton then convinces Emma to step into her life for a few days while she pursues a lead on the mysterious identity of their birth mother.
Trouble comes for Emma after Sutton fails to show up at their designated meeting place. Now Emma must decide whether to come clean about her identity and risk her own safety in the hope of uncovering her twin sister's whereabouts, along with the truth about why they were separated in the first place.
Allie Gonino, Kirsten Prout, Andy Buckley, Blair Redford, Helen Slater, Sharon Pierre-Louis, and Alice Greczyn are among actors starring in this new show. The drama series will air every Monday at 9/8c.
In "Ringer", meanwhile, Sarah Michelle Gellar plays a woman who goes on the run from the mob. She hides out by taking over the life of her wealthy identical twin sister only to learn that her twin's life has a bounty on it as well. It will premiere Tuesday, September 13 on The CW.
- 'The Leftovers' Series Finale Preview: The End Is Here
- Green Power Ranger Depicter Jason David Frank Addresses Assassination Attempt
- Artist of the Week: Halsey
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Scott Disick From Seeing Their Children Until He Sobers Up
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's Housekeeper Quits as Job Is 'Too Demanding'
- 'The Walking Dead' EP Shares Alleged Season 8 Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Teyana Taylor Previews R-Rated Clip for New Single 'Drippin' Ft. Migos
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings