Drew Barrymore to Produce and Direct Young-Adult Thriller for Warner Bros.
Drew Barrymore has secured another job behind the lens. The "50 First Dates" actress, who directed 2009's "Whip It!" and will next helm "How to Be Single", is going to serve as a producer and director for a young-adult thriller "Heist Society" which is adapted from Ally Carter's novel of the same name.
The movie will follow a young woman named Katarina Bishop who hails from an extended family of cat burglars and master thieves. The girl leaves her illicit life behind, but when her father becomes the prime suspect behind a mobster's missing art collection, she assembles a crew to track down the art and steal it back.
A multi-studio bidding war for the mystery teen fiction novel has started last year, and Warner Bros. won the rights to adapt it into a movie. Unlike the book which portrays Katarina and most of the other characters in their teen years, the film will age them to their twenties, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Sitting as a producer along with Drew will be Denise Di Novi and Di Novi Pictures' Alison Greenspan. "Whip It!" scribe Shauna Cross will write the script with the "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" star supervising it. This movie reportedly will go into production soon after Drew finishes her "How to Be Single" project. No actors have been cast so far.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'