Drew Barrymore to Produce and Direct Young-Adult Thriller for Warner Bros.
Drew Barrymore has secured another job behind the lens. The "50 First Dates" actress, who directed 2009's "Whip It!" and will next helm "How to Be Single", is going to serve as a producer and director for a young-adult thriller "Heist Society" which is adapted from Ally Carter's novel of the same name.
The movie will follow a young woman named Katarina Bishop who hails from an extended family of cat burglars and master thieves. The girl leaves her illicit life behind, but when her father becomes the prime suspect behind a mobster's missing art collection, she assembles a crew to track down the art and steal it back.
A multi-studio bidding war for the mystery teen fiction novel has started last year, and Warner Bros. won the rights to adapt it into a movie. Unlike the book which portrays Katarina and most of the other characters in their teen years, the film will age them to their twenties, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Sitting as a producer along with Drew will be Denise Di Novi and Di Novi Pictures' Alison Greenspan. "Whip It!" scribe Shauna Cross will write the script with the "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" star supervising it. This movie reportedly will go into production soon after Drew finishes her "How to Be Single" project. No actors have been cast so far.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'