'All My Children' Finale to Air in September
Though it will not be easy for fans, "All My Children" is going to air its last episode on September 23, ABC has announced. The date will mark the last time the daytime series drops the curtain after it was first premiered in 1970.
Many alums will pay a final visit to the long-running show. They are Josh Duhamel (Leo Du Pres), Eva La Rue (Maria Santos), Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater), Kate Collins (Janet Green), Jennifer Bassey (Marion Chandler), Melissa Claire Egan (Annie Chandler), and Leven Rambin (Lily Montgomery).
Most recently, Carol Burnett was announced to return to "AMC" as well. She will star in a few episodes this September, reprising her role as Verla Grubbs, the long-lost daughter of Langley Wallingford, who first appeared in the soap opera in 1983.
To fill the slot left by "AMC", ABC will debut new one-hour lifestyle series "The Chew" on Monday, September 26. It is a lifestyle/talk show dedicated to "celebrating and exploring life through food".
The host line-up includes restaurateurs and "Iron Chef" stars Mario Batali and Michael Symon, entertaining expert Clinton Kelly, "Top Chef" alum Carla Hall, as well as health and wellness enthusiast Daphne Oz. "The Chew" is the first new series to launch on ABC Daytime in 14 years.
Beside canceling "All My Children", ABC has also decided to end another long-running soap opera "One Life to Live". Like "AMC", the Erika Slezak-starring show is axed after more than 40 years of airing because of low ratings.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death