'Thor 2' Gets Release Date, Kenneth Branagh Won't Return
Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios are taking no time off in working on "Thor 2". After releasing the first film this May, the studios announced they will drop its sequel in the U.S. on July 26, 2013, two months after "Iron Man 3" is released on May 3 Stateside.
Chris Hemsworth is set to reprise his role as the God of Thunder, but director Kenneth Branagh is likely not returning for the sequel. According to Deadline, his exit was "mutual and amicable," but he may still be involved in some producing capacity. Marvel Studios would not comment on Branagh's participation in the upcoming project.
The actor/filmmaker himself once claimed he had put all the bests in first "Thor" movie. "You hear about people saving things for film two or three," he said at a Los Angeles premiere of his film. "I don't understand that at all. I put it all in there if I thought it'd help the film be better. You can think of stuff for two or three later, if you get the chance to do them. But you won't if one isn't good enough."
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other