'Thor 2' Gets Release Date, Kenneth Branagh Won't Return
Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios are taking no time off in working on "Thor 2". After releasing the first film this May, the studios announced they will drop its sequel in the U.S. on July 26, 2013, two months after "Iron Man 3" is released on May 3 Stateside.
Chris Hemsworth is set to reprise his role as the God of Thunder, but director Kenneth Branagh is likely not returning for the sequel. According to Deadline, his exit was "mutual and amicable," but he may still be involved in some producing capacity. Marvel Studios would not comment on Branagh's participation in the upcoming project.
The actor/filmmaker himself once claimed he had put all the bests in first "Thor" movie. "You hear about people saving things for film two or three," he said at a Los Angeles premiere of his film. "I don't understand that at all. I put it all in there if I thought it'd help the film be better. You can think of stuff for two or three later, if you get the chance to do them. But you won't if one isn't good enough."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?