'Thor 2' Gets Release Date, Kenneth Branagh Won't Return
Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios are taking no time off in working on "Thor 2". After releasing the first film this May, the studios announced they will drop its sequel in the U.S. on July 26, 2013, two months after "Iron Man 3" is released on May 3 Stateside.
Chris Hemsworth is set to reprise his role as the God of Thunder, but director Kenneth Branagh is likely not returning for the sequel. According to Deadline, his exit was "mutual and amicable," but he may still be involved in some producing capacity. Marvel Studios would not comment on Branagh's participation in the upcoming project.
The actor/filmmaker himself once claimed he had put all the bests in first "Thor" movie. "You hear about people saving things for film two or three," he said at a Los Angeles premiere of his film. "I don't understand that at all. I put it all in there if I thought it'd help the film be better. You can think of stuff for two or three later, if you get the chance to do them. But you won't if one isn't good enough."
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country