'Thor 2' Gets Release Date, Kenneth Branagh Won't Return
Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios are taking no time off in working on "Thor 2". After releasing the first film this May, the studios announced they will drop its sequel in the U.S. on July 26, 2013, two months after "Iron Man 3" is released on May 3 Stateside.
Chris Hemsworth is set to reprise his role as the God of Thunder, but director Kenneth Branagh is likely not returning for the sequel. According to Deadline, his exit was "mutual and amicable," but he may still be involved in some producing capacity. Marvel Studios would not comment on Branagh's participation in the upcoming project.
The actor/filmmaker himself once claimed he had put all the bests in first "Thor" movie. "You hear about people saving things for film two or three," he said at a Los Angeles premiere of his film. "I don't understand that at all. I put it all in there if I thought it'd help the film be better. You can think of stuff for two or three later, if you get the chance to do them. But you won't if one isn't good enough."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'