Lexi St. George, Next Rebecca Black, Releases Debut Video
Rebecca Black has paved the way for those looking forward to become the next viral sensation, and Lexi St. George is right behind her. According to "Good Morning America", the 14-year-old from Palmdale, CA is the next big thing after Black. She won the flash auditions for "Pop Star", held by "GMA" and Black's initial label Ark Music Factory.
The contest was held in Los Angeles area malls in a bid to look for random teen who would be turned into the next Black within one week. Ark's founder Patrice Wilson came knocking on St. George's door and immediately took her to a recording studio to record her first song, "Dancing to the Rhythm".
She also had dance lessons with J.R. Taylor, learning moves which were choreographed into her music video debut. "The people were phenomenal. Even if I got down at times, they'd be there to pick me right up," St. George said. "Patrice [Wilson] is amazing. Without him ...I would not be here right now."
Within a few minutes of its premiere, the YouTube video has taken in 300 hits.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd