Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Discharged From Hospital After Suicide Attempt
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers apparently is still battling his own demons. The "The Tudors" star was hospitalized in London Tuesday, June 28 night after reportedly attempting to commit suicide by overdosing on pills in his mansion.
Meyers has been battling alcohol addiction for years and is a frequent patient at rehabs. On Tuesday, he was found slumped on the floor of his home by paramedics who responded to an emergency call. However, the actor refused treatment for 30 minutes before cops arrived and convinced him to go to the hospital.
"We can confirm we were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement," a Scotland Yard spokesman told People.
Officials would not confirm if Meyers tried to take his own life. The suicide report was based on the opinion of those who were present. The actor was released from the hospital early Wednesday morning.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns