Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Discharged From Hospital After Suicide Attempt
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers apparently is still battling his own demons. The "The Tudors" star was hospitalized in London Tuesday, June 28 night after reportedly attempting to commit suicide by overdosing on pills in his mansion.
Meyers has been battling alcohol addiction for years and is a frequent patient at rehabs. On Tuesday, he was found slumped on the floor of his home by paramedics who responded to an emergency call. However, the actor refused treatment for 30 minutes before cops arrived and convinced him to go to the hospital.
"We can confirm we were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement," a Scotland Yard spokesman told People.
Officials would not confirm if Meyers tried to take his own life. The suicide report was based on the opinion of those who were present. The actor was released from the hospital early Wednesday morning.
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online