Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Discharged From Hospital After Suicide Attempt
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers apparently is still battling his own demons. The "The Tudors" star was hospitalized in London Tuesday, June 28 night after reportedly attempting to commit suicide by overdosing on pills in his mansion.
Meyers has been battling alcohol addiction for years and is a frequent patient at rehabs. On Tuesday, he was found slumped on the floor of his home by paramedics who responded to an emergency call. However, the actor refused treatment for 30 minutes before cops arrived and convinced him to go to the hospital.
"We can confirm we were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement," a Scotland Yard spokesman told People.
Officials would not confirm if Meyers tried to take his own life. The suicide report was based on the opinion of those who were present. The actor was released from the hospital early Wednesday morning.
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set