Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Discharged From Hospital After Suicide Attempt
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers apparently is still battling his own demons. The "The Tudors" star was hospitalized in London Tuesday, June 28 night after reportedly attempting to commit suicide by overdosing on pills in his mansion.
Meyers has been battling alcohol addiction for years and is a frequent patient at rehabs. On Tuesday, he was found slumped on the floor of his home by paramedics who responded to an emergency call. However, the actor refused treatment for 30 minutes before cops arrived and convinced him to go to the hospital.
"We can confirm we were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement," a Scotland Yard spokesman told People.
Officials would not confirm if Meyers tried to take his own life. The suicide report was based on the opinion of those who were present. The actor was released from the hospital early Wednesday morning.
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean