Harrison Ford Tells Shia LaBeouf He's 'Idiot' for Trashing 'Indiana Jones 4'
Harrison Ford admits to have berated his "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" co-star, Shia LaBeouf. In the latest issue of Details Magazine, the 68-year-old actor revealed he called Shia an "idiot" after the younger actor publicly spoke out against the fourth installment of "Indy" movie.
Rebutting Shia's claim that he privately applauded the "Transformers" star's outspokenness, Harrison said, "I think I told him he was a f**king idiot. As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself." Still, he added, "Shia is ambitious, attentive, and talented - and he's learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult."
Back in 2010, Shia told press members at Cannes Film Festival he blames himself for "Indy 4" failings. "I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished," he said before adding, "You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven [Spielberg]. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it."
While he did admit he "got lambasted" for being honest in his new interview with Details, Shia isn't afraid of being critical. Speaking of his other movie "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps", he said that director Oliver Stone was "trying to play nice". He added, "For a movie like 'Wall Street' that had so much bite the first time around to come out without fangs and preach a message of hope wasn't what people were looking for."
More Harrison Ford News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences