Tracy Morgan Offends Another Group With His Joke
Tracy Morgan did not really learn from the experience. Just a few days after he had to apologize for his homophobic remarks during a Nashville gig at a press conference, the "30 Rock" made an offensive joke about another certain group.
In his performance at a comedy club in New York, Morgan compared "young retarded males" to "chimps". He said, "Don't ever mess with women who have retarded kids. Them young retarded males is strong. They're strong like chimps." He also made a joke about a girl he once dated, calling her a "cripple" for having a mechanical larynx, a prosthetic arm and a portable dialysis machine. Reports said the crowd audibly groaned.
This remark has angered The Arc, a charity which helps people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Chief executive, Peter Berns, told E! News, "Tracy Morgan should apologize immediately. This quote is far too offensive to be excused as comedy, and it is very hurtful to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'