Tracy Morgan Offends Another Group With His Joke
Tracy Morgan did not really learn from the experience. Just a few days after he had to apologize for his homophobic remarks during a Nashville gig at a press conference, the "30 Rock" made an offensive joke about another certain group.
In his performance at a comedy club in New York, Morgan compared "young retarded males" to "chimps". He said, "Don't ever mess with women who have retarded kids. Them young retarded males is strong. They're strong like chimps." He also made a joke about a girl he once dated, calling her a "cripple" for having a mechanical larynx, a prosthetic arm and a portable dialysis machine. Reports said the crowd audibly groaned.
This remark has angered The Arc, a charity which helps people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Chief executive, Peter Berns, told E! News, "Tracy Morgan should apologize immediately. This quote is far too offensive to be excused as comedy, and it is very hurtful to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival