Tom Cruise Defies the Odds in 'Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol' Trailer
The first official trailer of "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" has been released for viewing pleasure. Offering a look at the mind-blowing action and stunt sequences, this sneak peek opens with words from Tom Wilkinson's character as he explains to Tom Cruise the high stakes of his new mission.
"An hour ago, a bomb blew up the Kremlin," Wilkinson says. "The president has initiated Ghost Protocol, the entire IMF has been disavowed." As some of the action sequences intercept, he continues to explain, "Now, I've been ordered to take you to Washington where they will hang the Kremlin bombing on you and your team, unless you were to escape after assaulting Brandt and me."
Wilkinson goes on to warn Cruise's Ethan Hunt, "But if any of your team is caught, they'll be branded as terrorists." Snippets of car chases, underwater escapes, machine-gun fire and hand-to-hand combat take over. The trailer ends with Hunt repelling away from the world's tallest building in Dubai, the Burj Khalifa, before making a death-defying leap.
Produced by J.J. Abrams, this fourth installment in the "Mission: Impossible" franchise has Brad Bird serving as director. It is supported by a star-studded cast which also include Ving Rhames, Jeremy Renner, Josh Holloway, Simon Pegg and Paula Patton. December 16 will be the day this action-packed movie opens in theaters across the United States.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'