Tom Cruise Defies the Odds in 'Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol' Trailer
The first official trailer of "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" has been released for viewing pleasure. Offering a look at the mind-blowing action and stunt sequences, this sneak peek opens with words from Tom Wilkinson's character as he explains to Tom Cruise the high stakes of his new mission.
"An hour ago, a bomb blew up the Kremlin," Wilkinson says. "The president has initiated Ghost Protocol, the entire IMF has been disavowed." As some of the action sequences intercept, he continues to explain, "Now, I've been ordered to take you to Washington where they will hang the Kremlin bombing on you and your team, unless you were to escape after assaulting Brandt and me."
Wilkinson goes on to warn Cruise's Ethan Hunt, "But if any of your team is caught, they'll be branded as terrorists." Snippets of car chases, underwater escapes, machine-gun fire and hand-to-hand combat take over. The trailer ends with Hunt repelling away from the world's tallest building in Dubai, the Burj Khalifa, before making a death-defying leap.
Produced by J.J. Abrams, this fourth installment in the "Mission: Impossible" franchise has Brad Bird serving as director. It is supported by a star-studded cast which also include Ving Rhames, Jeremy Renner, Josh Holloway, Simon Pegg and Paula Patton. December 16 will be the day this action-packed movie opens in theaters across the United States.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift