Alicia Keys Ventures Out to Broadway Production
Alicia Keys is spreading her wings to theatrical production. The Grammy winning singer is to co-produce a Broadway play titled "Stick Fly" which tells the story of the LeVays, an affluent black family gathering at their Martha's Vineyard home to spend a summer weekend together.
"This is a story that everybody can relate to," said Keys in a statement. "I'm passionate about this play because it is so beautifully written and portrays Black America in a way that we don't often get to see in entertainment. I know it will touch all audiences, who will find a piece of themselves somewhere inside this house."
Written by Lydia R. Diamon, "Stick Fly" revolves around "the adult sons, aspiring novelist Kent and golden boy plastic surgeon Flip" who "have each brought their respective ladies (one black and one white) to meet the parents. Food, drink and Trivial Pursuit tangle with class, race and identity politics in this contemporary comedy of manners."
The show will open on Broadway at Lyceum Theater in December with previews starting November 18. Casting is yet announced.
More Alicia Keys News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'