Alicia Keys Ventures Out to Broadway Production
Alicia Keys is spreading her wings to theatrical production. The Grammy winning singer is to co-produce a Broadway play titled "Stick Fly" which tells the story of the LeVays, an affluent black family gathering at their Martha's Vineyard home to spend a summer weekend together.
"This is a story that everybody can relate to," said Keys in a statement. "I'm passionate about this play because it is so beautifully written and portrays Black America in a way that we don't often get to see in entertainment. I know it will touch all audiences, who will find a piece of themselves somewhere inside this house."
Written by Lydia R. Diamon, "Stick Fly" revolves around "the adult sons, aspiring novelist Kent and golden boy plastic surgeon Flip" who "have each brought their respective ladies (one black and one white) to meet the parents. Food, drink and Trivial Pursuit tangle with class, race and identity politics in this contemporary comedy of manners."
The show will open on Broadway at Lyceum Theater in December with previews starting November 18. Casting is yet announced.
More Alicia Keys News
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!