Alicia Keys Ventures Out to Broadway Production
Alicia Keys is spreading her wings to theatrical production. The Grammy winning singer is to co-produce a Broadway play titled "Stick Fly" which tells the story of the LeVays, an affluent black family gathering at their Martha's Vineyard home to spend a summer weekend together.
"This is a story that everybody can relate to," said Keys in a statement. "I'm passionate about this play because it is so beautifully written and portrays Black America in a way that we don't often get to see in entertainment. I know it will touch all audiences, who will find a piece of themselves somewhere inside this house."
Written by Lydia R. Diamon, "Stick Fly" revolves around "the adult sons, aspiring novelist Kent and golden boy plastic surgeon Flip" who "have each brought their respective ladies (one black and one white) to meet the parents. Food, drink and Trivial Pursuit tangle with class, race and identity politics in this contemporary comedy of manners."
The show will open on Broadway at Lyceum Theater in December with previews starting November 18. Casting is yet announced.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway