Alicia Keys Ventures Out to Broadway Production
Alicia Keys is spreading her wings to theatrical production. The Grammy winning singer is to co-produce a Broadway play titled "Stick Fly" which tells the story of the LeVays, an affluent black family gathering at their Martha's Vineyard home to spend a summer weekend together.
"This is a story that everybody can relate to," said Keys in a statement. "I'm passionate about this play because it is so beautifully written and portrays Black America in a way that we don't often get to see in entertainment. I know it will touch all audiences, who will find a piece of themselves somewhere inside this house."
Written by Lydia R. Diamon, "Stick Fly" revolves around "the adult sons, aspiring novelist Kent and golden boy plastic surgeon Flip" who "have each brought their respective ladies (one black and one white) to meet the parents. Food, drink and Trivial Pursuit tangle with class, race and identity politics in this contemporary comedy of manners."
The show will open on Broadway at Lyceum Theater in December with previews starting November 18. Casting is yet announced.
More Alicia Keys News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story