Bristol Palin Claims She's Not Accusing Levi Johnston of Date Rape
Bristol Palin doesn't mean to accuse Levi Johnston of raping her when writing that her former fiance "stole" her virginity in new autobiography, "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far". The oldest daughter of Sarah Palin clarified her wording when appearing on "Good Morning America" on Monday, June 27.
"That's what it felt like," admitted the 20-year-old after host Robin Roberts asked her about her choice of wording. She then stressed, "I'm not accusing Levi of date rape or rape at all, but I am just looking back with the adult eyes that I have now and just thinking, 'That was a foolish decision. I should have never been underage drinking and I should have never gotten myself into a situation like that.' "
In her new memoir, Bristol claimed she lost her virginity to Levi at 15 while drunk on wine coolers. The mother of one wrote that she woke up in the tent alone with no memories of what had happened, but she overheard the man she referred to as "the gnat" in the book bragged "with his friends on the other side of the canvas."
During the interview, Bristol also addressed the question whether or not she is the right person to talk about abstinence. "You know, I hate the word abstinence. I was telling someone earlier that today," she said. "I'm not an abstinence preacher, you know? I think that if you want to prevent teenage pregnancy that's the only option."
"I talk about in the book how I was on birth control and obviously it wasn't used effectively," she added. "Abstinence is the only way you're going to prevent teenage pregnancy. But if you're going to have sex, practice safe sex. Very safe sex."
Asked if she felt her mother Sarah should run for president, the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant replied, "Absolutely." She went on to gush, "I think she's awesome. ... I think she's smart. I think she would be awesome for our country."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame