'Law and Order: SVU' Recruits Two New Detectives
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" has found its new detectives. Kelli Giddish and Danny Pino are cast on the drama series to join Mariska Hargitay, who has asked for a reduced role in the upcoming season to focus on her family.
"Kelli and Danny are two great actors who will join a proven cast headed by Mariska Hargitay as this exceptional series heads into a very promising 13th season," NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt says in a statement released on Monday, June 27.
"I'm very pleased that we have two amazing actors joining the cast," executive producer/creator Dick Wolf adds. "I know this combination will give us the opportunity to explore the world of SVU with new eyes."
Details about Giddish and Pino's roles are still under wraps, but it is believed that Giddish takes the role which was reportedly offered to Jennifer Love Hewitt. Pino, meanwhile, will essentially replace Christopher Meloni who decided not to return to the show this year.
Kelli Giddish appeared on long-running soap opera "All My Children" and short-lived NBC's series "Chase". The 31-year-old actress has also guest starred on "SVU" as well as "Law & Order: Criminal Intent", which recently aired its series finale.
As for Danny Pino, he is known for his role as Mexican druglord and serial rapist Armadillo Quintero on FX's "The Shield". He starred on CBS' "Cold Case", and recently guest starred on USA Network's "Burn Notice". He was mentioned among the contenders to replace Christopher Meloni along with "True Blood" actors, Kevin Alejandro and Michael Raymond-James.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed