Having to Breastfeed, Paulina Rubio Avoids Being Taken to Jail
Breastfeeding helps Paulina Rubio avoid being taken to jail. The Mexican pop singer ran into some trouble with Miami police last Saturday, June 25 after she got involved in a minor car accident. Although she was not at fault for the mishap, she ended up being arrested for getting into some argument with the first officer on scene.
Although she was handcuffed and placed under arrest, the 40-year-old was not taken into custody. While TMZ reported that Miami police didn't plan to take her to jail because the charges against her were minor, the police report revealed that the deciding factor was her claim that she has "an extenuating circumstance." She is breastfeeding her 6-month-old child.
The police report also detailed on the incident that led to Paulina's arrest. It was noted that after the "Don't Say Goodbye" singer got into the car accident, an officer instructed her to get out of her car. She, however, refused to do so. At one point, she even cursed at the officer in Spanish. She was then arrested for disorderly conduct, obstruction of justice and refusal to obey a lawful command.
As the cop placed the handcuffs on her, Paulina reportedly yelled out, "Help! Help! I didn't do anything! Look what they're doing! Help! Abusers! You bunch of liars! Help!" She continued to yell from inside the patrol car. When she finally calmed down an hour later, she apologized and was issued a summons to a court appearance date.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival