2011 BET Awards: Wiz Khalifa Wins Best New Artist
The BET Awards is still on going at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Following Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Kanye West's early winning, Wiz Khalifa is announced as 2011 Best New Artist at the event. The Pittsburgh rapper wins over J. Cole, Bruno Mars, Miguel and Willow Smith.
The "Black and Yellow" hitmaker kissed his girlfriend Amber Rose before coming to the stage to collect his award. "I'm not used to winning stuff, so I didn't come with no speech tonight," he humbly said. "But I want to thank everybody at Rostrum Records, ... all my fans, Taylor [Gang] and all the young people who promote positivity and just enjoying yourself, this is for y'all."
Later in the evening, BET President Debra Lee honors comedian Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. After a performance by Donnie McClurkin, Toni Braxton and her sisters appear on stage to present Best Gospel Artist to Mary Mary. The second special honoree of the night, Patti LaBelle, is presented by Gladys Knight. She receives Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'