2011 BET Awards: Wiz Khalifa Wins Best New Artist
The BET Awards is still on going at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Following Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Kanye West's early winning, Wiz Khalifa is announced as 2011 Best New Artist at the event. The Pittsburgh rapper wins over J. Cole, Bruno Mars, Miguel and Willow Smith.
The "Black and Yellow" hitmaker kissed his girlfriend Amber Rose before coming to the stage to collect his award. "I'm not used to winning stuff, so I didn't come with no speech tonight," he humbly said. "But I want to thank everybody at Rostrum Records, ... all my fans, Taylor [Gang] and all the young people who promote positivity and just enjoying yourself, this is for y'all."
Later in the evening, BET President Debra Lee honors comedian Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. After a performance by Donnie McClurkin, Toni Braxton and her sisters appear on stage to present Best Gospel Artist to Mary Mary. The second special honoree of the night, Patti LaBelle, is presented by Gladys Knight. She receives Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent