2011 BET Awards: Wiz Khalifa Wins Best New Artist
The BET Awards is still on going at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Following Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Kanye West's early winning, Wiz Khalifa is announced as 2011 Best New Artist at the event. The Pittsburgh rapper wins over J. Cole, Bruno Mars, Miguel and Willow Smith.
The "Black and Yellow" hitmaker kissed his girlfriend Amber Rose before coming to the stage to collect his award. "I'm not used to winning stuff, so I didn't come with no speech tonight," he humbly said. "But I want to thank everybody at Rostrum Records, ... all my fans, Taylor [Gang] and all the young people who promote positivity and just enjoying yourself, this is for y'all."
Later in the evening, BET President Debra Lee honors comedian Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. After a performance by Donnie McClurkin, Toni Braxton and her sisters appear on stage to present Best Gospel Artist to Mary Mary. The second special honoree of the night, Patti LaBelle, is presented by Gladys Knight. She receives Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'