2011 BET Awards: Wiz Khalifa Wins Best New Artist
The BET Awards is still on going at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Following Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Kanye West's early winning, Wiz Khalifa is announced as 2011 Best New Artist at the event. The Pittsburgh rapper wins over J. Cole, Bruno Mars, Miguel and Willow Smith.
The "Black and Yellow" hitmaker kissed his girlfriend Amber Rose before coming to the stage to collect his award. "I'm not used to winning stuff, so I didn't come with no speech tonight," he humbly said. "But I want to thank everybody at Rostrum Records, ... all my fans, Taylor [Gang] and all the young people who promote positivity and just enjoying yourself, this is for y'all."
Later in the evening, BET President Debra Lee honors comedian Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. After a performance by Donnie McClurkin, Toni Braxton and her sisters appear on stage to present Best Gospel Artist to Mary Mary. The second special honoree of the night, Patti LaBelle, is presented by Gladys Knight. She receives Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2