2011 BET Awards: Wiz Khalifa Wins Best New Artist
The BET Awards is still on going at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Following Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Kanye West's early winning, Wiz Khalifa is announced as 2011 Best New Artist at the event. The Pittsburgh rapper wins over J. Cole, Bruno Mars, Miguel and Willow Smith.
The "Black and Yellow" hitmaker kissed his girlfriend Amber Rose before coming to the stage to collect his award. "I'm not used to winning stuff, so I didn't come with no speech tonight," he humbly said. "But I want to thank everybody at Rostrum Records, ... all my fans, Taylor [Gang] and all the young people who promote positivity and just enjoying yourself, this is for y'all."
Later in the evening, BET President Debra Lee honors comedian Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award. After a performance by Donnie McClurkin, Toni Braxton and her sisters appear on stage to present Best Gospel Artist to Mary Mary. The second special honoree of the night, Patti LaBelle, is presented by Gladys Knight. She receives Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal