Marrying Manager in Anguilla, Amerie Is 'Over the Moon'
R&B singer Amerie is officially a married woman. The Grammy nominee said her "I Do" to manager and former Columbia Records executive Lenny Nicholson on Saturday, June 25 in a private ceremony at a luxury resort on Anguilla in the British West Indies, and she couldn't be happier.
The "1 Thing" singer told PEOPLE, "This is such an exciting time for me. This is my first marriage and I am over the moon. I look forward to a loving and enduring marriage. This day couldn't come any sooner for me. I am beyond thrilled. I will remember this day forever." She also took to Twitter to share her joy as tweeting, "Family, friends, & the love of my life...delicious!!! --Mrs. Nicholson ;)"
The 30-year-old wore a Monique Lhullier gown with a cathedral train on her special day. She also rocked baby blue Yves Saint Laurent Tribute sandals and jewelry by Rafaello & Co., and set her hair in an edgy up-do with strings of diamonds and pearls. Her groom Lenny, meanwhile, opted to go with a Hugo Boss tuxedo.
The ceremony was officiated by Amerie's pastor Reverend Phillip E. Knight, Sr., while DJ Konflikt provided the entertainment for the reception where guests were treated to a sea foam green seven-tier cake that stood 3.5 feet tall by pastry chef Yannis Janssens of Yann Chocolates. The wedding itself picked up the theme of "Platinum Style".
Amerie and new husband Lenny are spending their honeymoon at the resort's 5,000 square-foot Romance Villa. They will have their own private beach, butler and staff.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift