Marrying Manager in Anguilla, Amerie Is 'Over the Moon'
R&B singer Amerie is officially a married woman. The Grammy nominee said her "I Do" to manager and former Columbia Records executive Lenny Nicholson on Saturday, June 25 in a private ceremony at a luxury resort on Anguilla in the British West Indies, and she couldn't be happier.
The "1 Thing" singer told PEOPLE, "This is such an exciting time for me. This is my first marriage and I am over the moon. I look forward to a loving and enduring marriage. This day couldn't come any sooner for me. I am beyond thrilled. I will remember this day forever." She also took to Twitter to share her joy as tweeting, "Family, friends, & the love of my life...delicious!!! --Mrs. Nicholson ;)"
The 30-year-old wore a Monique Lhullier gown with a cathedral train on her special day. She also rocked baby blue Yves Saint Laurent Tribute sandals and jewelry by Rafaello & Co., and set her hair in an edgy up-do with strings of diamonds and pearls. Her groom Lenny, meanwhile, opted to go with a Hugo Boss tuxedo.
The ceremony was officiated by Amerie's pastor Reverend Phillip E. Knight, Sr., while DJ Konflikt provided the entertainment for the reception where guests were treated to a sea foam green seven-tier cake that stood 3.5 feet tall by pastry chef Yannis Janssens of Yann Chocolates. The wedding itself picked up the theme of "Platinum Style".
Amerie and new husband Lenny are spending their honeymoon at the resort's 5,000 square-foot Romance Villa. They will have their own private beach, butler and staff.
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance