Neil Patrick Harris Already Engaged to David Burtka
Now that New York governor Andrew Cuomo has signed the state's marriage equality bill, Neil Patrick Harris is free to pick his wedding date. The "How I Met Your Mother" star has announced on his Twitter that he and partner David Burtka have actually proposed to each other years ago.
"David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago!" he tweeted on Saturday, June 25. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date." Hours before, Harris begged the NY senate to vote for marriage equality, writing "I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it." The vote went 33-to-29 pro gay marriage.
Harris and Burtka are parents to fraternal twins, Harper and Gideon, who were born in October 2010 via a surrogate. The family recently celebrated double Father's day with a dinner in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape