Neil Patrick Harris Already Engaged to David Burtka
Now that New York governor Andrew Cuomo has signed the state's marriage equality bill, Neil Patrick Harris is free to pick his wedding date. The "How I Met Your Mother" star has announced on his Twitter that he and partner David Burtka have actually proposed to each other years ago.
"David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago!" he tweeted on Saturday, June 25. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date." Hours before, Harris begged the NY senate to vote for marriage equality, writing "I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it." The vote went 33-to-29 pro gay marriage.
Harris and Burtka are parents to fraternal twins, Harper and Gideon, who were born in October 2010 via a surrogate. The family recently celebrated double Father's day with a dinner in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'