Neil Patrick Harris Already Engaged to David Burtka
Now that New York governor Andrew Cuomo has signed the state's marriage equality bill, Neil Patrick Harris is free to pick his wedding date. The "How I Met Your Mother" star has announced on his Twitter that he and partner David Burtka have actually proposed to each other years ago.
"David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago!" he tweeted on Saturday, June 25. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date." Hours before, Harris begged the NY senate to vote for marriage equality, writing "I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it." The vote went 33-to-29 pro gay marriage.
Harris and Burtka are parents to fraternal twins, Harper and Gideon, who were born in October 2010 via a surrogate. The family recently celebrated double Father's day with a dinner in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'