Neil Patrick Harris Already Engaged to David Burtka
Now that New York governor Andrew Cuomo has signed the state's marriage equality bill, Neil Patrick Harris is free to pick his wedding date. The "How I Met Your Mother" star has announced on his Twitter that he and partner David Burtka have actually proposed to each other years ago.
"David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago!" he tweeted on Saturday, June 25. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date." Hours before, Harris begged the NY senate to vote for marriage equality, writing "I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it." The vote went 33-to-29 pro gay marriage.
Harris and Burtka are parents to fraternal twins, Harper and Gideon, who were born in October 2010 via a surrogate. The family recently celebrated double Father's day with a dinner in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'