Neil Patrick Harris Already Engaged to David Burtka
Now that New York governor Andrew Cuomo has signed the state's marriage equality bill, Neil Patrick Harris is free to pick his wedding date. The "How I Met Your Mother" star has announced on his Twitter that he and partner David Burtka have actually proposed to each other years ago.
"David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago!" he tweeted on Saturday, June 25. "We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date." Hours before, Harris begged the NY senate to vote for marriage equality, writing "I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it." The vote went 33-to-29 pro gay marriage.
Harris and Burtka are parents to fraternal twins, Harper and Gideon, who were born in October 2010 via a surrogate. The family recently celebrated double Father's day with a dinner in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences