Lady GaGa, Ellen DeGeneres and More Cheer Gay Marriage Passage in New York
Hollywood celebrities are rejoicing the passing of a marriage equality bill in New York. Governor Andrew Cuomo signed measure hours after it passed the Republican-controlled Senate on Friday night, June 24, and the likes of Lady GaGa, Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Patrick Harris and many others took to their Twitter to cheer the breakthrough victory.
"Born This Way" singer and devoted LGBT advocat GaGa first tweeted, "I can't stop crying. We did it kids." She followed it up with another tweet that read, "The revolution is ours to fight for love, justice+equality. Rejoice NY, and propose. We did it!!!" Along with the tweet, she included a black and white photo of her and a group of people throwing their fists to the air in victory.
Meanwhile, openly gay Ellen wrote on her Twitter page, "I'm thrilled about the news from NY. Marriage equality! Every day we get a little closer. What an amazing feeling." Expressing more excitement was Neil, who tweeted, "It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!! Thank you everyone who worked so hard on this!! A historic night!"
Also sharing the joy for the bill passage was Darren Criss, who plays gay student Blaine on "Glee". He first tweeted, "As if I didn't already have enough to celebrate and enjoy today. A big hug for New York from my lone hotel room in London. #MarriageEquality." In another one, he wrote, "I sing it every night, but now it has better meaning: 'New York- concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do.' :)"
Other celebs sharing their positive reactions on Twitter included punk-pop singer Pink, former "Dollhouse" star Eliza Dushku and comedian Russell Brand. Pink wrote, "CONGRATULATIONS! ABOUT TIME!," while Eliza tweet, "Welcome to the present NY ;) #equality," and Russell posted, "It is now legal to do a gay marriage in NYC @AlecBaldwin, carpe diem."
More Lady GaGa News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday