'Jersey Shore' Will Dump Original Cast After Season 5
Despite its popularity, "Jersey Shore" would change its face if the latest report is true. MTV reportedly is trying to manage their budget for the show and is thinking that hiring a whole new cast would be cheaper than keeping the current ones' salaries raised.
The plan is, Snooki, The Situation and the rest of the gang would wrap the fifth season and the fresh faces would take over in season 6. "They will leave on a high note!" a source told Us magazine. The original gang would start shooting the fifth season in New Jersey this Monday, June 27. "After this group comes back from Italy and shoots season 5 this summer, that will be the end for them," the source added.
MTV's decision to dump the original cast from the reality show is also because it has signed some of them to spin-offs. Snooki and JWoww will become roommates on their own show while DJ Pauly D would hit the clubs on his solo project. The rest of the gang would be free to pursue other endeavors.
Update: "We love the present cast, and their summer adventures have just begun. We currently have no plans to recast the show," a net spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.
More Jersey Shore News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Trangender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik
- 'American Idol' Winner Scotty McCreery Cited for Bringing Loaded Gun to Airport