'Jersey Shore' Will Dump Original Cast After Season 5
Despite its popularity, "Jersey Shore" would change its face if the latest report is true. MTV reportedly is trying to manage their budget for the show and is thinking that hiring a whole new cast would be cheaper than keeping the current ones' salaries raised.
The plan is, Snooki, The Situation and the rest of the gang would wrap the fifth season and the fresh faces would take over in season 6. "They will leave on a high note!" a source told Us magazine. The original gang would start shooting the fifth season in New Jersey this Monday, June 27. "After this group comes back from Italy and shoots season 5 this summer, that will be the end for them," the source added.
MTV's decision to dump the original cast from the reality show is also because it has signed some of them to spin-offs. Snooki and JWoww will become roommates on their own show while DJ Pauly D would hit the clubs on his solo project. The rest of the gang would be free to pursue other endeavors.
Update: "We love the present cast, and their summer adventures have just begun. We currently have no plans to recast the show," a net spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video