Rihanna Blasts Report She Provoked Chris Brown Attack
Rihanna is fuming mad at MTV Canada for running a story based on a tweet she supposedly wrote regarding the Chris Brown incident. Blasting the cable network for the false report, the "California King Bed" singer wrote on Twitter, "@mtvnewscanada are u f**king kiddin me?????? You're supposed to be a RELIABLE source for news on music and this is the bulls**t u post??"
MTV Canada previously reported that a tweet from Riri's official Twitter page has uncovered that the Barbadian singer admitted to have provoked her ex-boyfriend into hitting her back in 2009. The reported tweet allegedly read, "'I admit it. I provoked Chris [Brown] to hit me. It not entirely his fault. #imSORRY?' "
In its report, MTV Canada noted that the tweet has since been removed and has sparked speculation whether it was a hoax or a work by a hacker. After Riri let out her fiery response, the cable network tweeted a retraction to the story. It wrote, "#Rihanna fans. We were reporting on a story that was posted on several sites today. We had no intention to be salacious."
Rihanna was physically assaulted by Chris Brown on the eve of the 2009 Grammy Awards. Speaking about the shocking assault months after the incident, she told Glamour magazine, "I went to sleep as Rihanna and woke up as Britney Spears. That was the level of media chaos that happened the next day."
More Rihanna News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood