Rihanna Blasts Report She Provoked Chris Brown Attack
Rihanna is fuming mad at MTV Canada for running a story based on a tweet she supposedly wrote regarding the Chris Brown incident. Blasting the cable network for the false report, the "California King Bed" singer wrote on Twitter, "@mtvnewscanada are u f**king kiddin me?????? You're supposed to be a RELIABLE source for news on music and this is the bulls**t u post??"
MTV Canada previously reported that a tweet from Riri's official Twitter page has uncovered that the Barbadian singer admitted to have provoked her ex-boyfriend into hitting her back in 2009. The reported tweet allegedly read, "'I admit it. I provoked Chris [Brown] to hit me. It not entirely his fault. #imSORRY?' "
In its report, MTV Canada noted that the tweet has since been removed and has sparked speculation whether it was a hoax or a work by a hacker. After Riri let out her fiery response, the cable network tweeted a retraction to the story. It wrote, "#Rihanna fans. We were reporting on a story that was posted on several sites today. We had no intention to be salacious."
Rihanna was physically assaulted by Chris Brown on the eve of the 2009 Grammy Awards. Speaking about the shocking assault months after the incident, she told Glamour magazine, "I went to sleep as Rihanna and woke up as Britney Spears. That was the level of media chaos that happened the next day."
More Rihanna News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign