Rihanna Blasts Report She Provoked Chris Brown Attack
Rihanna is fuming mad at MTV Canada for running a story based on a tweet she supposedly wrote regarding the Chris Brown incident. Blasting the cable network for the false report, the "California King Bed" singer wrote on Twitter, "@mtvnewscanada are u f**king kiddin me?????? You're supposed to be a RELIABLE source for news on music and this is the bulls**t u post??"
MTV Canada previously reported that a tweet from Riri's official Twitter page has uncovered that the Barbadian singer admitted to have provoked her ex-boyfriend into hitting her back in 2009. The reported tweet allegedly read, "'I admit it. I provoked Chris [Brown] to hit me. It not entirely his fault. #imSORRY?' "
In its report, MTV Canada noted that the tweet has since been removed and has sparked speculation whether it was a hoax or a work by a hacker. After Riri let out her fiery response, the cable network tweeted a retraction to the story. It wrote, "#Rihanna fans. We were reporting on a story that was posted on several sites today. We had no intention to be salacious."
Rihanna was physically assaulted by Chris Brown on the eve of the 2009 Grammy Awards. Speaking about the shocking assault months after the incident, she told Glamour magazine, "I went to sleep as Rihanna and woke up as Britney Spears. That was the level of media chaos that happened the next day."
More Rihanna News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences