'Grey's Anatomy': Patrick Dempsey Plots McDreamy's Departure
Patrick Dempsey has already mapped a proper exit for his character Dr. Derek Shepherd should he quit "Grey's Anatomy" after season 8. Met at the premiere of his new movie "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in Moscow on Thursday, June 23, the actor hopes McDreamy has a romantic exit with his wife Meredith Grey.
"I think they should go off in the sunset together, quite honestly," Dempsey said of his character and Ellen Pompeo's, who made their marriage official to adopt a baby in season 7. He added, "I think they should maintain it, and he should leave as McDreamy as possible I think."
Asked if season 8 will be the last for him, he said, "I don't know what's gonna happen with the show - I don't think they do either." The Dylan Gould of the third "Transformers" film previously sparked rumor that he might leave the show after the upcoming season.
However, his representative soon dismissed it, stating "He was referring to the fact that his contract is up at the end of next season and we have no idea what the future holds."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences