'Grey's Anatomy': Patrick Dempsey Plots McDreamy's Departure
Patrick Dempsey has already mapped a proper exit for his character Dr. Derek Shepherd should he quit "Grey's Anatomy" after season 8. Met at the premiere of his new movie "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in Moscow on Thursday, June 23, the actor hopes McDreamy has a romantic exit with his wife Meredith Grey.
"I think they should go off in the sunset together, quite honestly," Dempsey said of his character and Ellen Pompeo's, who made their marriage official to adopt a baby in season 7. He added, "I think they should maintain it, and he should leave as McDreamy as possible I think."
Asked if season 8 will be the last for him, he said, "I don't know what's gonna happen with the show - I don't think they do either." The Dylan Gould of the third "Transformers" film previously sparked rumor that he might leave the show after the upcoming season.
However, his representative soon dismissed it, stating "He was referring to the fact that his contract is up at the end of next season and we have no idea what the future holds."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed