'Grey's Anatomy': Patrick Dempsey Plots McDreamy's Departure
Patrick Dempsey has already mapped a proper exit for his character Dr. Derek Shepherd should he quit "Grey's Anatomy" after season 8. Met at the premiere of his new movie "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in Moscow on Thursday, June 23, the actor hopes McDreamy has a romantic exit with his wife Meredith Grey.
"I think they should go off in the sunset together, quite honestly," Dempsey said of his character and Ellen Pompeo's, who made their marriage official to adopt a baby in season 7. He added, "I think they should maintain it, and he should leave as McDreamy as possible I think."
Asked if season 8 will be the last for him, he said, "I don't know what's gonna happen with the show - I don't think they do either." The Dylan Gould of the third "Transformers" film previously sparked rumor that he might leave the show after the upcoming season.
However, his representative soon dismissed it, stating "He was referring to the fact that his contract is up at the end of next season and we have no idea what the future holds."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy