'Grey's Anatomy': Patrick Dempsey Plots McDreamy's Departure
Patrick Dempsey has already mapped a proper exit for his character Dr. Derek Shepherd should he quit "Grey's Anatomy" after season 8. Met at the premiere of his new movie "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in Moscow on Thursday, June 23, the actor hopes McDreamy has a romantic exit with his wife Meredith Grey.
"I think they should go off in the sunset together, quite honestly," Dempsey said of his character and Ellen Pompeo's, who made their marriage official to adopt a baby in season 7. He added, "I think they should maintain it, and he should leave as McDreamy as possible I think."
Asked if season 8 will be the last for him, he said, "I don't know what's gonna happen with the show - I don't think they do either." The Dylan Gould of the third "Transformers" film previously sparked rumor that he might leave the show after the upcoming season.
However, his representative soon dismissed it, stating "He was referring to the fact that his contract is up at the end of next season and we have no idea what the future holds."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses