'Grey's Anatomy': Patrick Dempsey Plots McDreamy's Departure
Patrick Dempsey has already mapped a proper exit for his character Dr. Derek Shepherd should he quit "Grey's Anatomy" after season 8. Met at the premiere of his new movie "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in Moscow on Thursday, June 23, the actor hopes McDreamy has a romantic exit with his wife Meredith Grey.
"I think they should go off in the sunset together, quite honestly," Dempsey said of his character and Ellen Pompeo's, who made their marriage official to adopt a baby in season 7. He added, "I think they should maintain it, and he should leave as McDreamy as possible I think."
Asked if season 8 will be the last for him, he said, "I don't know what's gonna happen with the show - I don't think they do either." The Dylan Gould of the third "Transformers" film previously sparked rumor that he might leave the show after the upcoming season.
However, his representative soon dismissed it, stating "He was referring to the fact that his contract is up at the end of next season and we have no idea what the future holds."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!