Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Added to 2011 BET Awards Line-Up
More big stars have been tapped to make merry this year's BET Awards. Among those newly-announced guests are "Super Bass" rapstress Nicki Minaj, "Never Say Never" singer Justin Bieber and "Just the Way You Are" crooner Bruno Mars.
Minaj is up for three kudos this year, vying for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist in one category. Mars, meanwhile, receives two nods; Best Male R&B Artist and Best New Artist. As for Bieber, he doesn't get any nomination but is well known for his works with a number of black musicians like Ludacris and Usher.
At the upcoming awards show, Minaj, Bieber and Mars are going to join the likes of Queen Latifah, Ledisi, Gladys Knight, Taraji P. Henson, Big Sean and Ne-Yo. Also listed in the line-up are Beyonce Knowles, Mary J. Blige, Kelly Rowland, Trey Songz, Lil Wayne, Drake, Chris Brown, Alicia Keys, Cee-Lo Green, and Jill Scott.
Honoring the best in music and movie, 2011 BET Awards will air live from Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on June 26 with Kevin Hart as a host. Special honorees are Patti LaBelle for Lifetime Achievement Award and Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters