'Super 8' Star to Be Tom Sawyer in New Movie
Following his success in J.J. Abrams' sci-fi flick "Super 8", Joel Courtney could land more adventurous roles in new films. The young star is said in negotiations for two forthcoming movies, "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn" and "The Healer".
Variety reports that the 15-year-old thespian will tackle the role of Tom Sawyer in "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn". Based on a classic novel written by Mark Twain, this movie will be directed by Jo Kastner. The shooting will be kicked off in August in Bulgaria, which is "the one place in the world that looks exactly like 1850's Missouri."
Meanwhile, Courtney will take the role of one of the two kids in "The Healer". Directed and written by Giorgio Serafini, the upcoming flick will tell a story of "an ailing father who takes his two teenage kids into the woods to renew the bond they shared before a divorce."
Later, the trio "are swept into a supernatural adventure." Serving as the producers are Susan Johnson and Giuseppe Pedersoli. The production will begin in September in North Carolina.
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship