'Super 8' Star to Be Tom Sawyer in New Movie
Following his success in J.J. Abrams' sci-fi flick "Super 8", Joel Courtney could land more adventurous roles in new films. The young star is said in negotiations for two forthcoming movies, "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn" and "The Healer".
Variety reports that the 15-year-old thespian will tackle the role of Tom Sawyer in "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn". Based on a classic novel written by Mark Twain, this movie will be directed by Jo Kastner. The shooting will be kicked off in August in Bulgaria, which is "the one place in the world that looks exactly like 1850's Missouri."
Meanwhile, Courtney will take the role of one of the two kids in "The Healer". Directed and written by Giorgio Serafini, the upcoming flick will tell a story of "an ailing father who takes his two teenage kids into the woods to renew the bond they shared before a divorce."
Later, the trio "are swept into a supernatural adventure." Serving as the producers are Susan Johnson and Giuseppe Pedersoli. The production will begin in September in North Carolina.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13