'Super 8' Star to Be Tom Sawyer in New Movie
Following his success in J.J. Abrams' sci-fi flick "Super 8", Joel Courtney could land more adventurous roles in new films. The young star is said in negotiations for two forthcoming movies, "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn" and "The Healer".
Variety reports that the 15-year-old thespian will tackle the role of Tom Sawyer in "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn". Based on a classic novel written by Mark Twain, this movie will be directed by Jo Kastner. The shooting will be kicked off in August in Bulgaria, which is "the one place in the world that looks exactly like 1850's Missouri."
Meanwhile, Courtney will take the role of one of the two kids in "The Healer". Directed and written by Giorgio Serafini, the upcoming flick will tell a story of "an ailing father who takes his two teenage kids into the woods to renew the bond they shared before a divorce."
Later, the trio "are swept into a supernatural adventure." Serving as the producers are Susan Johnson and Giuseppe Pedersoli. The production will begin in September in North Carolina.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016