'Super 8' Star to Be Tom Sawyer in New Movie
Following his success in J.J. Abrams' sci-fi flick "Super 8", Joel Courtney could land more adventurous roles in new films. The young star is said in negotiations for two forthcoming movies, "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn" and "The Healer".
Variety reports that the 15-year-old thespian will tackle the role of Tom Sawyer in "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn". Based on a classic novel written by Mark Twain, this movie will be directed by Jo Kastner. The shooting will be kicked off in August in Bulgaria, which is "the one place in the world that looks exactly like 1850's Missouri."
Meanwhile, Courtney will take the role of one of the two kids in "The Healer". Directed and written by Giorgio Serafini, the upcoming flick will tell a story of "an ailing father who takes his two teenage kids into the woods to renew the bond they shared before a divorce."
Later, the trio "are swept into a supernatural adventure." Serving as the producers are Susan Johnson and Giuseppe Pedersoli. The production will begin in September in North Carolina.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says