Justin Bieber Not Touched in Scuffle Outside Macy's, Rep Calls It Misunderstanding
Words have spread like wild fire that Justin Bieber got tackled by an undercover cop when greeting fans outside Macy's Herald Square in New York City on Thursday, June 23. A spokesperson for the New York City Police Department, however, told The Hollywood Reporter that was not the case.
The spokesperson insisted that there was no attack on the "Baby" hitmaker. In fact, the 17-year-old pop sensation "was not even touched". The police rep explained, "One of his bodyguards failed to follow lawful order," before stressing, "The only person touched was the bodyguard." It was also noted the crowd was "not out of control".
Justin was at Macy's on Thursday to debut his new perfume, "Someday". The incident happened when the teen singer exited the store to greet fans who didn't make it inside. According to reports, when his fans went wild, an undercover cop jumped over a metal barricade and knocked the singer to the ground. It was said that the singer appeared to be very "shaken up" though uninjured.
The plainclothes policeman, however, was mistaken for a crazed fan and quickly restrained by one of the singer's bodyguards. The overprotective bodyguard was later issued a summons for disorderly conduct. In response to the incident, Justin's rep released a statement, "This was a momentary, well-intentioned misunderstanding that was quickly resolved, and the event went very well."
Justin himself didn't give any indication over the commotion happening outside Macy's when tweeting about the launch event of his new cologne later that day. "today went well at macy's..," so he wrote. "the fans were AMAZING, thanks to all the fans who came out to support it was a breath of fresh air :)"
More Justin Bieber News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March