Justin Bieber Not Touched in Scuffle Outside Macy's, Rep Calls It Misunderstanding
Words have spread like wild fire that Justin Bieber got tackled by an undercover cop when greeting fans outside Macy's Herald Square in New York City on Thursday, June 23. A spokesperson for the New York City Police Department, however, told The Hollywood Reporter that was not the case.
The spokesperson insisted that there was no attack on the "Baby" hitmaker. In fact, the 17-year-old pop sensation "was not even touched". The police rep explained, "One of his bodyguards failed to follow lawful order," before stressing, "The only person touched was the bodyguard." It was also noted the crowd was "not out of control".
Justin was at Macy's on Thursday to debut his new perfume, "Someday". The incident happened when the teen singer exited the store to greet fans who didn't make it inside. According to reports, when his fans went wild, an undercover cop jumped over a metal barricade and knocked the singer to the ground. It was said that the singer appeared to be very "shaken up" though uninjured.
The plainclothes policeman, however, was mistaken for a crazed fan and quickly restrained by one of the singer's bodyguards. The overprotective bodyguard was later issued a summons for disorderly conduct. In response to the incident, Justin's rep released a statement, "This was a momentary, well-intentioned misunderstanding that was quickly resolved, and the event went very well."
Justin himself didn't give any indication over the commotion happening outside Macy's when tweeting about the launch event of his new cologne later that day. "today went well at macy's..," so he wrote. "the fans were AMAZING, thanks to all the fans who came out to support it was a breath of fresh air :)"
More Justin Bieber News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?