Video Premiere: Incubus' 'Promises, Promises'
Incubus have just debuted a music video in support of their latest single "Promises, Promises". The Brandon Boyd-fronted band perform the song in front of a white backdrop which displays footage evoking a dream-state, and illusion vibe.
The song is "a story about a girl and a guy ... and the girl has built up so much armor around herself with the things that she knows how to do," Brandon once told MTV. "And so, I used these metaphors in the song of, like, magic, like she's an illusionist, so she creates these illusions around her."
"Promises" is taken from "If Not Now, When?", Incubus' new studio album since 2006's "Light Grenades". Leather-bound hand-written sheet of the song was auctioned off last May to raise money for their Make Yourself Foundation. The organization funds various environmental causes and charities both locally and around the world.
The band are going to release the new album across the United States on July 12. "[It] is our unabashed, romantic, lush, sonic love letter to the world. It's darker, slower, more rich, more refined, and more involved than anything Incubus has birthed to date," he said of the effort.
Incubus's "Promises, Promises" music video
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna