Video Premiere: Incubus' 'Promises, Promises'
Incubus have just debuted a music video in support of their latest single "Promises, Promises". The Brandon Boyd-fronted band perform the song in front of a white backdrop which displays footage evoking a dream-state, and illusion vibe.
The song is "a story about a girl and a guy ... and the girl has built up so much armor around herself with the things that she knows how to do," Brandon once told MTV. "And so, I used these metaphors in the song of, like, magic, like she's an illusionist, so she creates these illusions around her."
"Promises" is taken from "If Not Now, When?", Incubus' new studio album since 2006's "Light Grenades". Leather-bound hand-written sheet of the song was auctioned off last May to raise money for their Make Yourself Foundation. The organization funds various environmental causes and charities both locally and around the world.
The band are going to release the new album across the United States on July 12. "[It] is our unabashed, romantic, lush, sonic love letter to the world. It's darker, slower, more rich, more refined, and more involved than anything Incubus has birthed to date," he said of the effort.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child