Video Premiere: Incubus' 'Promises, Promises'
Incubus have just debuted a music video in support of their latest single "Promises, Promises". The Brandon Boyd-fronted band perform the song in front of a white backdrop which displays footage evoking a dream-state, and illusion vibe.
The song is "a story about a girl and a guy ... and the girl has built up so much armor around herself with the things that she knows how to do," Brandon once told MTV. "And so, I used these metaphors in the song of, like, magic, like she's an illusionist, so she creates these illusions around her."
"Promises" is taken from "If Not Now, When?", Incubus' new studio album since 2006's "Light Grenades". Leather-bound hand-written sheet of the song was auctioned off last May to raise money for their Make Yourself Foundation. The organization funds various environmental causes and charities both locally and around the world.
The band are going to release the new album across the United States on July 12. "[It] is our unabashed, romantic, lush, sonic love letter to the world. It's darker, slower, more rich, more refined, and more involved than anything Incubus has birthed to date," he said of the effort.
Incubus's "Promises, Promises" music video
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'