Video Premiere: Incubus' 'Promises, Promises'
Incubus have just debuted a music video in support of their latest single "Promises, Promises". The Brandon Boyd-fronted band perform the song in front of a white backdrop which displays footage evoking a dream-state, and illusion vibe.
The song is "a story about a girl and a guy ... and the girl has built up so much armor around herself with the things that she knows how to do," Brandon once told MTV. "And so, I used these metaphors in the song of, like, magic, like she's an illusionist, so she creates these illusions around her."
"Promises" is taken from "If Not Now, When?", Incubus' new studio album since 2006's "Light Grenades". Leather-bound hand-written sheet of the song was auctioned off last May to raise money for their Make Yourself Foundation. The organization funds various environmental causes and charities both locally and around the world.
The band are going to release the new album across the United States on July 12. "[It] is our unabashed, romantic, lush, sonic love letter to the world. It's darker, slower, more rich, more refined, and more involved than anything Incubus has birthed to date," he said of the effort.
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas