Video Premiere: Incubus' 'Promises, Promises'
Incubus have just debuted a music video in support of their latest single "Promises, Promises". The Brandon Boyd-fronted band perform the song in front of a white backdrop which displays footage evoking a dream-state, and illusion vibe.
The song is "a story about a girl and a guy ... and the girl has built up so much armor around herself with the things that she knows how to do," Brandon once told MTV. "And so, I used these metaphors in the song of, like, magic, like she's an illusionist, so she creates these illusions around her."
"Promises" is taken from "If Not Now, When?", Incubus' new studio album since 2006's "Light Grenades". Leather-bound hand-written sheet of the song was auctioned off last May to raise money for their Make Yourself Foundation. The organization funds various environmental causes and charities both locally and around the world.
The band are going to release the new album across the United States on July 12. "[It] is our unabashed, romantic, lush, sonic love letter to the world. It's darker, slower, more rich, more refined, and more involved than anything Incubus has birthed to date," he said of the effort.
Incubus's "Promises, Promises" music video
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj