Evan Rachel Wood: It Feels Right to Chop Off Hair
Evan Rachel Wood came to the premiere party of "True Blood" Season 4 on Tuesday night, June 21 with a new look. Having chopped off her lengthy blond locks, the actress playing Sophie Anne Leclerq on the vampire series debuted a pixie cut on the red carpet. Asked about the drastic change, she said, "It just felt right."
Explaining further, the 23-year-old told Access Hollywood, "I had my hair super long and I was just ready for a change and I've always wanted to do it and never really had the guts and I just thought, 'I wanna do it at least once, just chop it off.' " She further assured that she didn't cut her hair because of any upcoming role. "No, it's just for life. It's just for me," she insisted.
With the new hairdo, Evan joined a list of celebrities who have cut short their long tresses. "Harry Potter" beauty Emma Watson and "Blue Valentine" star Michelle Williams sported pixie cuts last year, while "Just Go with It" co-stars Jennifer Aniston and Brooklyn Decker cut their crops to shoulder length earlier this year.
More Evan Rachel Wood News
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5