Emma Stone Offered Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Emma Stone has shown her skills in fighting zombies in "Zombieland". Now, Stone could kick more undead enemies in "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". Variety has the scoop, saying that the "Easy A" beauty has been offered a main female character in the upcoming film.
If the deal is sealed, Stone will star as Elizabeth Bennet, a heroine who faces zombies. The role was previously filled by Natalie Portman. However, as the Oscar-winning actress opted to fully concentrate on the production capacity of the film, she left the role vacant.
Set in an era when zombies roam the English countryside, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" centers its story on Elizabeth, who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Fitzwilliam Darcy. This drama thriller film, which is expected to come in theaters across the U.S. in 2012, will see Craig Gillespie serving behind the lens.
Emma Stone has recently wrapped "The Amazing Spider-Man" with Andrew Garfield, portraying Peter Parker's first love Gwen Stacy. She soon can be seen in "Crazy, Stupid, Love.", which is due on July 29 Stateside.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?