Emma Stone Offered Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Emma Stone has shown her skills in fighting zombies in "Zombieland". Now, Stone could kick more undead enemies in "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". Variety has the scoop, saying that the "Easy A" beauty has been offered a main female character in the upcoming film.
If the deal is sealed, Stone will star as Elizabeth Bennet, a heroine who faces zombies. The role was previously filled by Natalie Portman. However, as the Oscar-winning actress opted to fully concentrate on the production capacity of the film, she left the role vacant.
Set in an era when zombies roam the English countryside, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" centers its story on Elizabeth, who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Fitzwilliam Darcy. This drama thriller film, which is expected to come in theaters across the U.S. in 2012, will see Craig Gillespie serving behind the lens.
Emma Stone has recently wrapped "The Amazing Spider-Man" with Andrew Garfield, portraying Peter Parker's first love Gwen Stacy. She soon can be seen in "Crazy, Stupid, Love.", which is due on July 29 Stateside.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special