Emma Stone Offered Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Emma Stone has shown her skills in fighting zombies in "Zombieland". Now, Stone could kick more undead enemies in "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". Variety has the scoop, saying that the "Easy A" beauty has been offered a main female character in the upcoming film.
If the deal is sealed, Stone will star as Elizabeth Bennet, a heroine who faces zombies. The role was previously filled by Natalie Portman. However, as the Oscar-winning actress opted to fully concentrate on the production capacity of the film, she left the role vacant.
Set in an era when zombies roam the English countryside, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" centers its story on Elizabeth, who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Fitzwilliam Darcy. This drama thriller film, which is expected to come in theaters across the U.S. in 2012, will see Craig Gillespie serving behind the lens.
Emma Stone has recently wrapped "The Amazing Spider-Man" with Andrew Garfield, portraying Peter Parker's first love Gwen Stacy. She soon can be seen in "Crazy, Stupid, Love.", which is due on July 29 Stateside.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army