Chris Brown: I Don't Mean to Insult Gay Community
Finding himself in hot water for letting loose a gay slur, Chris Brown insisted he doesn't mean to be disrespectful. While he didn't exactly apologize for the remark, the "Next 2 You" singer came out with an explanation on Twitter. "I have total respect for Gay community and my intention was not to insult anyone in it. #REALS**T," so he wrote.
The 22-year-old has on Tuesday, June 21, lashed out at a group of photographers, accusing them of alerting parking enforcement officers about his illegally parked car. In a video obtained by TMZ, he can be seen ranting, "Y'all n**gas is weak. Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'ALL N**GAS IS GAY." Still, he managed to sweet talk himself out of getting a parking ticket.
The Human Rights Campaign has since spoken out against Chris' homophobic rant. A rep for the organization told TMZ, "Invoking words meant to demean gay Americans is just plain unacceptable. Chris Brown should know better. He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions."
This is not the first time Chris sparked outrage with his offensive language. Back in December 2010, he got into a Twitter feud with Raz B by branding the ex-B2K member a "homo" and a "d**k in da booty ass lil boy."
More Chris Brown News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip