Chris Brown: I Don't Mean to Insult Gay Community
Finding himself in hot water for letting loose a gay slur, Chris Brown insisted he doesn't mean to be disrespectful. While he didn't exactly apologize for the remark, the "Next 2 You" singer came out with an explanation on Twitter. "I have total respect for Gay community and my intention was not to insult anyone in it. #REALS**T," so he wrote.
The 22-year-old has on Tuesday, June 21, lashed out at a group of photographers, accusing them of alerting parking enforcement officers about his illegally parked car. In a video obtained by TMZ, he can be seen ranting, "Y'all n**gas is weak. Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'ALL N**GAS IS GAY." Still, he managed to sweet talk himself out of getting a parking ticket.
The Human Rights Campaign has since spoken out against Chris' homophobic rant. A rep for the organization told TMZ, "Invoking words meant to demean gay Americans is just plain unacceptable. Chris Brown should know better. He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions."
This is not the first time Chris sparked outrage with his offensive language. Back in December 2010, he got into a Twitter feud with Raz B by branding the ex-B2K member a "homo" and a "d**k in da booty ass lil boy."
More Chris Brown News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21