Chris Brown: I Don't Mean to Insult Gay Community
Finding himself in hot water for letting loose a gay slur, Chris Brown insisted he doesn't mean to be disrespectful. While he didn't exactly apologize for the remark, the "Next 2 You" singer came out with an explanation on Twitter. "I have total respect for Gay community and my intention was not to insult anyone in it. #REALS**T," so he wrote.
The 22-year-old has on Tuesday, June 21, lashed out at a group of photographers, accusing them of alerting parking enforcement officers about his illegally parked car. In a video obtained by TMZ, he can be seen ranting, "Y'all n**gas is weak. Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'ALL N**GAS IS GAY." Still, he managed to sweet talk himself out of getting a parking ticket.
The Human Rights Campaign has since spoken out against Chris' homophobic rant. A rep for the organization told TMZ, "Invoking words meant to demean gay Americans is just plain unacceptable. Chris Brown should know better. He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions."
This is not the first time Chris sparked outrage with his offensive language. Back in December 2010, he got into a Twitter feud with Raz B by branding the ex-B2K member a "homo" and a "d**k in da booty ass lil boy."
More Chris Brown News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016