Lindsay Lohan Bails On Matt Lauer's Interview at Last Minute
Lindsay Lohan has let Matt Lauer travel to Los Angeles just to come home empty handed. The 24-year-old singer/actress was scheduled to have an interview with the "Today" host on Tuesday, June 21 but she pulled the plug at the last minute.
Confirming the report, a rep from "Today" said, "Matt traveled to Los Angeles after Lindsay Lohan agreed to a sit-down interview at her home." However, the rep added, "When he arrived at her home, she had a change of heart and wasn't prepared to talk for more than 15 minutes as she had agreed, so the interview was canceled."
The "Machete" beauty decided not to do the interview because she was prepared for only a 15-minute interview. But since NBC planned to put it on "Today" as well as "Dateline", the interview would be extremely lengthy. Sources from the network, however, told TMZ that Lindsay and her team had known this before.
Addressing the report, Lindsay's publicist Steve Honig revealed to E! Online that she planned to cook for "Today" but "wasn't prepared to do a lengthy, two-hour in-depth interview." Steve insisted that he was the one who shut down the interview and the "Mean Girls" star "felt very badly about it."
Still according to Steve, "there was no drama, no door slamming" and "it was a case of miscommunication." The publicist, who called Matt "a perfect gentleman" in handling the situation, regretted that this thing was made "an issue".
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special