Jamie Foxx to Be 'Django Unchained'
Rumor that Jamie Foxx is one of the alternatives replacing Will Smith in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming flick, "Django Unchained", is fueled in a recent news run by Variety. The publication reports that the actor has been cast as the titular character.
In the spaghetti Western flick, Django is a freed slave who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter, becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself. After assisting Schultz in taking down some bad guys for profit, Django is helped by Schultz in claiming his wife back from the Candie, who wins Django's wife in a poker tournament.
So far, the confirmed cast are Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio. Waltz is attached to play the bounty hunter named Dr. King Schultz, while DiCaprio will portray a sex club owner named Calvin Candie.
As an actor, Jamie Foxx has appeared in some notable films, including "Collateral" and "Ray". In addition to acting, Foxx is also popular as a singer-songwriter, stand-up comedian and talk radio host. 43-year-old Foxx will next be seen as Motherf**ker Jones in "Horrible Bosses".
More Django Unchained News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding