Jamie Foxx to Be 'Django Unchained'
Rumor that Jamie Foxx is one of the alternatives replacing Will Smith in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming flick, "Django Unchained", is fueled in a recent news run by Variety. The publication reports that the actor has been cast as the titular character.
In the spaghetti Western flick, Django is a freed slave who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter, becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself. After assisting Schultz in taking down some bad guys for profit, Django is helped by Schultz in claiming his wife back from the Candie, who wins Django's wife in a poker tournament.
So far, the confirmed cast are Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio. Waltz is attached to play the bounty hunter named Dr. King Schultz, while DiCaprio will portray a sex club owner named Calvin Candie.
As an actor, Jamie Foxx has appeared in some notable films, including "Collateral" and "Ray". In addition to acting, Foxx is also popular as a singer-songwriter, stand-up comedian and talk radio host. 43-year-old Foxx will next be seen as Motherf**ker Jones in "Horrible Bosses".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent