Report: Ron Howard to Direct Formula One Flick
Ron Howard is reportedly in talks to helm a Formula 1-inspired movie titled "Rush". The forthcoming film will reunite the veteran director with his "Frost/Nixon" screenwriter Peter Morgan, who has been chosen to provide script for "Rush".
Sources told 24 Frames that Paul Greengrass was previously circling "Rush" and eying the helmer's seat. However, since the director of "The Bourne Ultimatum" has boarded other movies, he opted to leave the Formula One flick.
"Rush" will see Cross Creek Pictures ("Black Swan"), Working Title Films ("Atonement") and Howard's Imagine Entertainment ("The Da Vinci Code") teaming up to produce the pic. This brings up speculations that the upcoming flick will have big production values and is going to attract big stars.
"Rush" centers its story on Niki Lauda, the Austrian three-time F1 champion who almost died in a near-fatal crash in 1976. Shortly after he woke up from his coma, Lauda continued his rivalry with fellow racer James Hunt. Hunt won the race, yet Lauda kept challenging Hunt throughout other Grands Prix that year.
Recently, Ron Howard sat down with Deadline and provided an update on "The Dark Tower". During the interview, Howard suggested that the horror sci-fi flick is still progressing. The director also denied reports saying Javier Bardem has secured a lead role in the movie. "Nobody is pay or play but he has said he wants to do it," he said. "I'm hoping when we go, he's available and will join us."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby