Doug Hutchison's Teen Wife Has Spoken Out Against Cyberbullying in PSA
Months before she made media headline with her marriage to "Lost" actor Doug Hutchison, Courtney Alexis Stodden has posted an anti-bullying PSA on YouTube. In the nearly seven-minute video, the 16-year-old aspiring country singer speaks out against "cyberbullies" and responds to some of the negative comments she has received.
"Hi. I'm Courtney Stodden and I'm here to talk to you about public [bullying] and cyberbullying, which actually is a huge problem in the world today," Courtney kicks off the video. She goes on to introduce herself as an upcoming recording actress, model and TV-show hostess among others. "I'm very career oriented," she adds. "Along with being in the public eye comes a lot of criticism, hatred and jealousy."
Claiming she aims to "help others not to be affected by bullies and even possibly to help save one life", the teenager shares some of the negative comments she has received, and one in particular forces her to address rumors of a boob job. "Um, my breasts are real," she says in response. "Everything about me is real. My hair is real. My teeth are real. My eyelashes are real. My breasts are totally real, believe it or not. They are."
Courtney tied the knot with Doug, who is 35 years her senior, on May 20 in Las Vegas. On their vast age difference, she and her actor husband said through their spokeswoman, "We're aware that our vast age difference is extremely controversial. But we're very much in love and want to get the message out there that true love can be ageless."
Both of Courtney's parents approved the union. Her father Alex Stodden told Radar Online, "Every father can only pray to have such a man behind their daughter," while her mother Krista called her "a good Christian girl." Krista also slammed rumors that her daughter has undergone plastic surgery as saying, "She is a beautiful girl. She has real breasts, real lips, she's not plastic."
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds