Ryan Dunn Driving at 130 MPH Before Fatal Crash, Causes of Death Confirmed
Details about Ryan Dunn's fatal car crash have emerged. According to West Goshen police, the "Jackass" star was traveling at almost 130 mph when his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 swerved off the road, collided with a guardrail, crashed in the woods and burst into flames on early Monday morning, June 20.
Police Chief Michael Carroll told Radar Online the speed of the crash was determined after an accident reconstruction team inspected the scene of the accident. He added, "I've never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was even before it caught on fire. The automobile actually came apart. It was unbelievable and I've been on a lot of fatal accident scenes. This is by far the worst I've ever seen."
On Tuesday, June 21, the Chester County Coroner's Office came out with the initial autopsy results. Accordingly, Ryan and Zachary, who is a production assistant on "Jackass: Number Two", were dead before police arrived at the accident scene. They both died of accidental blunt-force and thermal trauma. Toxicology reports, however, are expected to come out in four to six weeks.
Many have speculated that Ryan was drunk before the tragic crash, but an employee from Barnaby's of America, a bar in West Chester, Pennsylvania where he was photographed drinking, said he "didn't seem intoxicated." To MTV News, the employee recalled, "He seemed like he was having a good time, hanging out with friends."
"[He] only had a couple beers here," the employee added. "As far as we're concerned, the biggest thing, our hearts go out to the family and friends, and his loss is a big loss to our community. The biggest thing we're worried about is his friends and family."
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary