Ryan Dunn Driving at 130 MPH Before Fatal Crash, Causes of Death Confirmed
Details about Ryan Dunn's fatal car crash have emerged. According to West Goshen police, the "Jackass" star was traveling at almost 130 mph when his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 swerved off the road, collided with a guardrail, crashed in the woods and burst into flames on early Monday morning, June 20.
Police Chief Michael Carroll told Radar Online the speed of the crash was determined after an accident reconstruction team inspected the scene of the accident. He added, "I've never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was even before it caught on fire. The automobile actually came apart. It was unbelievable and I've been on a lot of fatal accident scenes. This is by far the worst I've ever seen."
On Tuesday, June 21, the Chester County Coroner's Office came out with the initial autopsy results. Accordingly, Ryan and Zachary, who is a production assistant on "Jackass: Number Two", were dead before police arrived at the accident scene. They both died of accidental blunt-force and thermal trauma. Toxicology reports, however, are expected to come out in four to six weeks.
Many have speculated that Ryan was drunk before the tragic crash, but an employee from Barnaby's of America, a bar in West Chester, Pennsylvania where he was photographed drinking, said he "didn't seem intoxicated." To MTV News, the employee recalled, "He seemed like he was having a good time, hanging out with friends."
"[He] only had a couple beers here," the employee added. "As far as we're concerned, the biggest thing, our hearts go out to the family and friends, and his loss is a big loss to our community. The biggest thing we're worried about is his friends and family."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture